September 10th, 1999
Mac Window Management Utility Updated
||Hyo Ahn has announced an update to his window management utility, OmegaWindow+. The new version, 1.1, includes both new features and a host of bug fixes. According to M. Ahn:
OmegaWindow+ (OW+) is a mouse-free window manager. It allows you to resize, move, zoom, collapse, close, toggle, restack, swap windows without ever touching your mouse. It relies on user-defined hot keys to provide a consistent way of manipulating a window from any applications and Finder.
New in version 1.1:
- Fix a problem of Window-Placement command with Mac OS 8.5 and 8.6.
- Fix a redrawing and a cursor problem with Eudora (thanks to Franklin H. Holcomb and Roy Preston for testing)
- Fix Window-Order commands with MS Word 98 (thanks to Jonathan Yang for testing).
- Fix the Window-Placement problem with Internet Explorer 4.5 (Thanks to David Butler and Toinou for testing).
- Fix the Window-Placement problem with MS Word and Excel (Thanks to Franklin H. Holcomb for testing).
- Fix the problem of moving a collapsed window in Finder.
- Fix the window-order problem with a collapsed window.
- New html user's guide (thanks to Kevin Hahn for proofreading)
- to many graphics, the size of the total compressed package now is about 1 MB.
- WindowShade: OmegaWindow+ now can do window-collapsing (thanks to Mic Berends for testing).
- Removed CloseWindow and CloseAll commands (thanks to John Penner for his comments).
- CloseAllButFront: you can close all windows except the front-most one (thanks to Tom Bowling for asking this feature).
System 7 to Mac OS 8.6
Macintosh Plus* to Power Macintosh G4.
You can find more information and download links for OmegaWindow+ at the OmegaWindow+ web site. The update is free for registered users. The full version is priced at US$25 (US$15 for students).