September 16th, 1999
|[2:15 PM] MacP3 Gets An Update With Several New Features
The makers of MacP3, a shareware MP3 tool for the Mac, have released an update that brings several new features to the tool. According to MacP3:
MacP3 v1.3 is now available for download! MacP3 v1.3 is a complete suite of powerful MP3 tools. With this new update, MacP3 is now even stronger and easier to use. It offers features for any MP3 user and is powerful enough for even the professional collector/producer.
MacP3 v1.3 is a user-input release, combining over a dozen major user-requested enhancements and improvements. MacP3 is a new professional MP3 shareware utility for improving your Macintosh MP3 experience. MacP3 'maximizes' MP3s by Mac-ifying files, personalizing them, making important MP3 information easily accessible, renaming them correctly, setting opening applications, allowing ID3 tag addition/editing, and much more.
MacP3 v1.3 adds essential features such as...
- New recursive folder scanning to go deeper and accomplish much more when 'maximizing' your MP3 folders and disks! Recursive folder scanning has been implemented in the Listfile catalog feature as well.
- A completely redesigned ID3 tag add/edit feature, making it even more powerful. MacP3 ID3 Add/Edit now includes a browser-like interface, allowing easy and fast access and browsing of your entire MP3 collection. The ID3 features support all ID3 standards.
- MacP3 Listfile includes more features! Listfile helps you catalog and locate MP3s on CD-ROMs, in folders, or on other volumes. Listfile is perfect for creating records, trade lists, and other catalog information. And it now features recursive folder scanning and more catalog options.
- MacP3 v1.3 now recognizes any MP3 regardless or type or creator. It has better handling of all MP3 files. MacP3 also now handles longer titles as filenames and supports track number additions to filenames (if available).
- MacP3 v1.3 offers batch processing for easily 'maximizing' your entire collection. Or, 'maximize' only one MP3 at a time... You have control.
You can find more information on MacP3 at the MacP3.net web site. The update is free to registered users. The full version is priced at US$12.95 (shareware). The company offers a 10 day fully functional demo.