September 24th, 1999
|[3:35 PM] Ambrosia Releases Update For Cythera
Ambrosia Software has issued a maintenance release of their role playing game Cythera 1.0.3. Version 1.0.3 adds some new features while addressing a number of known bugs. According to Ambrosia Software, some of the new features are:
- Starting the game, choosing Preferences, then choosing Save causes game to quit.
- Aethon will teach you how to use missiles
- Moving something doesn't clear the "OK to take" bit
- DisplayManagerAware bit set for 68K (so Fat version should have that)
- Entering Tavara Stronghold "shimmers and disappears" now works correctly.
- When you buy more than one non-counted object, it correctly creates the right number (instead of one too many)
- Replicate spell is a bit less powerful now (doesn't replicate _everything_ takable).
- Harpy corpses have too high a priority, and yet can't be moved.
- Seldane object stops working, turning all white (this only occurs if you have a corrupted persistence storage heap in 1.0.x that was fixed in 1.0.2, but only sometimes)
- Clears all "targets" and "modes" when you restore/open a game (though if you exploited this problem, there is a chance that random items will forever be missing from the game)
- Touched up the shadow on the Seldane device (so there is no white rim on it)
- Fixed problem with various "detect" spells/skills that had false positives.
- Fixed the buried treasure being "stealing" problem
Cythera is available for US$25. You can find more information at the company's web site.