September 30th, 1999
|[8:30 AM] USB Device Shares Keyboard & Monitor Between Macs
Dr. Bott has release MoniSwitchUSB. MoniSwitch USB allows one monitor, keyboard, and USB mouse to be shared by either two or four USB equipped computers. If you have multiple CPUs, yet function from one main workspace, MoniSwitchUSB help simplify that process. According to Dr. Bott:
Dr. Bott has taken their experience with the original MoniSwitch and created MoniSwitchUSB. MoniSwitchUSB is a Mac & PC friendly KVM (keyboard, video, and mouse) switch that allows the use of a monitor and USB peripherals with multiple USB capable computers including Macs and PCs.
- Support for both Mac & PC monitors.
- Looks and works great with new G4s!
- Available for 2 or 4 computers.
- Includes all necessary USB and super premium video cables!
- PCI Mac Kit available for beige Macs.
- Lighted LED indicates selected computer at a glance.
- Compatible with Windows 98, Mac OS and other operating systems that support USB.
- iMoniSwitchUSB allows use of iMac built-in Monitor, keyboard and mouse with up to 3 other Macs or PCs.
Pricing for the MoniSwitchUSB was not made available to The Mac Observer at this time. The product is scheduled to ship in October. You can find more information at the company's web site.
The Mac Observer Spin: You have to love products like this if you use more than one computer.