Podcast - Weekly Roundup: A Creative Settlement
by , 9:00 AM EDT, August 26th, 2006
Direct Link: MP3 Version
This week's top story is the legal Judo coming out of Apple and Creative. Ricky Spero and Jeff Gamet send the companies' recent settlement through the Context Machine, and find we've just seen one of the most clever business maneuvers in tech history. Also: AOL beats iTunes to market in digital movie downloads. Where do we sign up? No, seriously: it's not clear how to sign up.
If you enjoy the podcast, please consider rating us, reviewing us, and voting for us! You can vote at:
You can also review us at the iTunes Music Store.
- The Context Machine Fodder
- Apple Pays Creative $100 Million to Use Patent; Creative Joins 'Made For iPod'
- TMO Reports - What Lies Behind the Apple-Creative Settlement?
- AOL Offers Movie Downloads
- FCC Filing Reveals More Zune Info
- FTC to Investigate Need For Net Neutrality
- New Compact Mac Mouse, Keyboard from Adesso
- OWC Announces Portable 1.5TB RAID System
- Trans International Announces Mac Pro RAM Kits
- Monday's Mac Gadget - Want to Supercharge Your Dock? Check Out Todos!
The Product Roundup
Don't forget, the Podcast and Portable Media Expo coming up, September 29-30.
This news is written by the staff of The Mac Observer.
Bandwidth provided courtesy of Cachefly.
Bass by Boom, for TMO.
- Thu,6:59 PM
- Apple Tied Samsung for Global Smartphone Units in Q4
- 6:14 PM
- Wall Street Continues Apple Love Fest as $AAPL Closes at $118.90
- 5:34 PM
- ZeroLemon SolarJuice 20,000mAh Portable Charger: $49.99
- 2:14 PM
- Apple’s Quarterly Revenue vs. 15 Really Big Numbers
- 2:13 PM
- China Demands Back Door into Computers, Software
- 1:24 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-01-29: FCC’s Personal Hotspot Protection, China’s Tech Back Door Demands
- 11:09 AM
- FCC Says Hotels Can’t Block Personal Hotspots
- 9:27 AM
- Apple Remembers Remote Desktop Exists, Releases Yosemite Update
- 8:51 AM
- Pages 5: Using Borders and Rules
- Wed,7:40 PM
- ACM 291: Apple’s Massive Numbers and the Rosetta Stone for Apple Timing
- 5:30 PM
- One Way Apple Could Help Us Find Apple Pay Locations
- 3:47 PM
- Aaron Sorkin’s Steve Jobs Movie Starts Filming with Michael Fassbender as Jobs