Podcast - Mac Geek Gab #72: Geeks at Portable Media Expo
by , 1:50 PM EDT, September 30th, 2006
Show notes for TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab For September 30th, 2006
Back at Portable Media Expo in Ontario, California, John and Dave are joined by Weekly Roundup host Ricky Spero to talk about the new Mac Pro. Other topics include items from the show floor, plus a brief talk-through of the latest in Apple's round of trademark defence.
Note: Shownotes are complete.
- Blue Snowball USB Mic
- Mac Pro
- AirPort Extreme
- Quad Xeon (2 Dual-Core)
- Dual Processor versus Dual Core
- Quartz Extreme
- Mac Pro Design
- Time Machine
- Mac Pro Performance
- Mac Pro Graphics
- Logic Pro
- M-AUDIO FireWire 410
- Podcast & Portable Media Expo
- Nokia N91 Podcasting
- Zoom H4 Handy Recorder
- Pod People Ponder Litigation
- The Mac Observer's Weekly Roundup Podcast
- NationStates - Come join the "Geeks Unite" region. Learn more from Wikipedia.
- Podcast/Portable Media Expo
- Mac Networkers Retreat
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael, aka Computernap!
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
(even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Behringer C-1 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Ultimate Ears UE-5c earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael, aka Computernap, then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.
- Wed,9:37 PM
- MCX Holds Press Conference, Does Itself No Favors
- 7:30 PM
- ACM 278: Apple is the New Microsoft and Thinking Differently about iPhone
- 6:43 PM
- Apple: Widgets Can’t Calculate, Orders Featured Calculator Widget Removed
- 4:00 PM
- The 3 Unexpected Consequences of Apple Pay Will be Huge
- 3:54 PM
- Freebie Wednesday - Four Free Deals from TMO
- 2:15 PM
- STM dux Case for iPad mini Features Drop Protection and Clear Back
- 1:45 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-29
- 11:27 AM
- iOS 8: Fixing Bluetooth Headset Connection Issues
- 10:09 AM
- FCC Rule Change Could Turn Apple TV into A Cable TV Competitor
- 8:49 AM
- OS X Yosemite: Using Mail’s Awesome New Markup Feature
- Tue,7:11 PM
- Smartphone-Assisted Halloween Masks
- 4:55 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-28