Podcast - Mac Geek Gab #82: IR Remotes, Batteries, Freezing Macs, and More!
by , 10:10 PM EST, December 11th, 2006
Show notes for TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab For December 11th, 2006
After a week-long hiatus, Dave and John are back in full swing, answering your questions and playing your comments about remote controls, iChat nicknames, freezing Macs, and more!
Note: Shownotes are complete.
- Disney Cruise
- Remote Buddy
- Use your Mac's remote control
- Keyspan Remotes
- iMac specs
- Apple Specifications
- Recycle Your Batteries here
- Apple and Recycling
- The Princess Bride
- Patron Silver
- Tortuga Rums
- Starship Titanic
- Intel-based iMac SMC reset
- VLC Media Player
- PureFTPd Manager
- Red Pill
- Blue Pill
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
(even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Behringer C-1 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Ultimate Ears UE-5c earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael, aka Computernap, then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Tue,7:45 PM
- Apple’s Vision is Plain for (Most) Everyone to See
- 7:00 PM
- Final Fantasy IX Released for iPad and iPhone, Discounted at $16.99
- 5:36 PM
- ‘Frodo Lives!’ and Other DOS Malware Examples
- 4:16 PM
- Luminid Touch Light-Up Cable: $9.99
- 2:52 PM
- Hackers in Ireland Trying to Buy Apple Employee Logins
- 2:41 PM
- Scott Galloway on Apple, Amazon, Facebook and Google (Video)
- 1:26 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-02-09: Snagging Apple Employee Logins, Error 53 Lawsuit
- 11:23 AM
- Sony Adds Fuel to Dual Camera iPhone Rumor
- 9:16 AM
- Lawfirm Ready to File iPhone Error 53 Lawsuit
- Mon,8:25 PM
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Congrats Denver Broncos with Tweet
- 8:15 PM
- Firewatch Release on February 9th for Mac, Windows, Linux, PlayStation 4