Podcast - Mac Geek Gab #146: SXSW Recap, Menu Bar Management, AppleCare, and More
by , 10:45 PM EDT, March 24th, 2008
Show notes for Mac Geek Gab Podcast For March 24, 2008
John's back from France, Dave's back from South by Southwest, and they've got plenty to talk about from that. Plus, they're back to answering your questions and sharing your tips, with topics including menu bar management, AppleCare, Time Capsule support, and more. Action packed and ready to rock, Dave and John are back at their best.
Sponsor: Audible's The Big Listen: For 24 hours starting 11AM EDT March 27, Visitors can download one book for free, with no credit card required!
Note: Shownotes are in progress...
- SXSW Interactive: Twitterized Attendees Shape The Show
- SXSW Music: Music Festival Enjoyment Tips
- SXSW Music: Music Through Wednesday: Béla Fleck, Van Morrison, R.E.M.
- SXSW Music: Thursday Music: Body of War, Wheatus, The Presidents of the USA, Bowling For Soup
- SXSW Music: Friday and Saturday Music: Vampire Weekend, The Redwalls, The Supersuckers and The Rolling Stones
- Electrostatic discharge (ESD)
- Protecting Files with an Encrypted Disk Image
- Keyboard layout
- John's Pictures
- CRS (Compagnies Républicaines de Sécurité)
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to .
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
(even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Heil PR-40 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is also used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Westone ES2 custom-fit earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael Johnston from iPhone Alley then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.
- Wed,11:02 AM
- Report Claims Gold iPad Coming Soon
- 10:31 AM
- Evercore Raises AAPL Target on Strong iPhone 6 Demand
- 10:03 AM
- Apple Tells Developers to Submit their OS X Yosemite-compatible Apps
- 9:18 AM
- iTunes Store Adds City of Hope Donation Page for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- 8:40 AM
- iOS 8: Requesting the Desktop Version of Websites
- 12:37 AM
- Apple Reduces Screen Size in Apple Watch Video to Match Website
- Tue,7:17 PM
- Samsung Calls Galaxy Note 4 Screen Gap a Feature, not a Flaw
- 6:04 PM
- iOS 8 HealthKit-compatible Apps: TMO’s Growing List
- 5:14 PM
- Apple Releases New Printer Drivers for HP and 7 Other Companies
- 4:51 PM
- iOS 8: How to Enable Notification Center Widgets
- 4:40 PM
- iLuv Vyneer Case for iPhone 6: Fashion, Protection and Transparency
- 4:33 PM
- Microsoft Math: Add 1 to Windows 8 and You Get Windows 10?