Podcast - Mac Geek Gab #149: Syncing, Phantom Shares, and Other Wacky Problems
by , 10:30 PM EDT, April 21st, 2008
Show notes for Mac Geek Gab Podcast For April 21, 2008
Dave and John share some of your thoughts on the recently-discussed magically-appearing shares theme, then dig into some questions about syncing both with and without .Mac. Then it's time for some of the wackiest questions -- and solutions -- the Mac Geek Gab has ever encountered!
Sponsor: Yojimbo: Your effortless, reliable information organizer for Mac OS X. It will change your life, without changing the way you work.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Association for Downloadable Media
- RODE Podcaster
- A5 Bookshelf Speakers
- How to Create a Bootable Backup of Mac OS X (Cloning Mac OS X disks)
- Synchronize! X
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to .
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
(even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Heil PR-40 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is also used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Westone ES2 custom-fit earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael Johnston from iPhone Alley then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.
- Tue,3:26 PM
- Apple Squashes EFI Flash Memory Security Holes in OS X Mavericks and Mountain Lion
- 1:53 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-06-30: Apple Music First Impressions
- 12:42 PM
- Apple’s new iTunes Terms & Conditions highlight Apple Music, Expose iCloud Music Library
- 11:52 AM
- Apple Music Officially Launches with iOS 8.4 Release
- 11:20 AM
- Apple Fixes discoveryd Network Issue with OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 Update
- 10:58 AM
- Apple Releases iOS 8.4 for Apple Music Launch
- 10:52 AM
- Early Apple Music Reviews: It’s OK
- 9:40 AM
- Chill Out with the iPhone Controlled Cool Connect Air Conditioner
- Mon,8:00 PM
- Apple to Announce Q3 Results July 21st
- 7:18 PM
- MGG 559: Connecting Networks Together, Photos on NAS & Upgrade Snapshots
- 7:14 PM
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ Will Stream Exclusively on Apple Music
- 6:15 PM
- 8 Years After Launch, It’s an iPhone World