Podcast - Mac Geek Gab #162: Cool Stuff Found, Hidden Accounts, MobileMe, iDisk and More
by , 11:00 PM EDT, August 4th, 2008
Download: or (AAC coming shortly courtesy of Michael Johnston of iPhoneAlley)
Show notes for Mac Geek Gab Podcast For August 4th, 2008
The show today starts with John and Dave talking through Cool Stuff Found: that's Stuff from them AND from you, and there's some great tidbits in here. Then the conversation turns to revisiting hidden login issues from last week, as well as some MobileMe and iDisk sync explanations. Chock full of great info, you'll enjoy this episode!
Sponsor: TextExpander: The customizable typing shortcut utility - if you're not using it, you're wasting time.
Sponsor: Speed Download: Four amazing products in one: a turbo-charged download manager with auto-resuming downloads, a fully featured secure FTP client, a file sharing utility with full encryption, and complete .Mac/iDisk/WEBDAV connectivity.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- EarthDesk 4
- Deep Freeze
- How to restore the operating system to a previous state in Windows XP
- Mac 101: Keychain
- Dictionary Editor
- Apple - Support - Discussions - Unlearn a word? ...
- Eudora 6.2.4 for Mac OS
- Spamfire 2 - Protection & Revenge
- Create completely hidden accounts in 10.5 and 10.4.11 (solution?)
- TEMPEST Certification
- Keyboard clicks can lead to security hacks
- Want A Decent 802.11g Access Point? Try The WRT54G!
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to .
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
(even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Heil PR-40 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is also used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Westone ES2 custom-fit earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael Johnston from iPhone Alley then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.
Warning: include(/usr/local/etc/httpd/sites/macobserver.com/htdocs/forums/extension.inc) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/bbm/macobserver.com/ee2/www/htdocs/comments/comments.php on line 108
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/usr/local/etc/httpd/sites/macobserver.com/htdocs/forums/extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/bbm/macobserver.com/ee2/www/htdocs/comments/comments.php on line 108
Warning: include(/usr/local/etc/httpd/sites/macobserver.com/htdocs/forums/common.) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/bbm/macobserver.com/ee2/www/htdocs/comments/comments.php on line 110
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/usr/local/etc/httpd/sites/macobserver.com/htdocs/forums/common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/bbm/macobserver.com/ee2/www/htdocs/comments/comments.php on line 110
Warning: include(/usr/local/etc/httpd/sites/macobserver.com/htdocs/forums/includes/bbcode.) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/bbm/macobserver.com/ee2/www/htdocs/comments/comments.php on line 112
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/usr/local/etc/httpd/sites/macobserver.com/htdocs/forums/includes/bbcode.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/bbm/macobserver.com/ee2/www/htdocs/comments/comments.php on line 112
Fatal error: Call to a member function sql_query() on a non-object in /var/www/bbm/macobserver.com/ee2/www/htdocs/comments/comments.php on line 532
- Sat, 10:30 AM
- How-To - iOS: Using Siri & Find My Friends to Keep Track of your Friends & Family
- Fri, 8:04 PM
- Free on iTunes - 3 Free iOS Games - Zombies, Zombies, and More Zombies
- 7:35 PM
- Rumor - What’s Black and White and Flat All Over? iOS 7
- 6:52 PM
- Analysis - Japanese Rumor Says Apple Prepping Multicolor iPhone & iPhone 5S
- 5:32 PM
- Apple’s 1984 ‘Blue Busters’ Marketing Video in Full
- 4:53 PM
- Product News - Apple Drops Prices on Refurbished iPad 4 & iPad mini
- 3:44 PM
- Computing with Bifocals - 2 Mac Tips for Moving Your Dock & Guarding Your Secrets
- 11:29 AM
- Analysis - Apple Ads Stay Positive Despite Microsoft’s Negative Campaign
- 10:18 AM
- News - AT&T Hits Customers with a New Administrative Fee
- 9:22 AM
- News - Google, Facebook May be Facing Waze Bidding War
- 6:22 AM
- TMO Quick Tip - Terminal: Using “lsof” When Files Won’t Delete
- Thu, 9:31 PM
- News - Judge Cote Likely to Side with U.S. Against Apple