Podcast - Mac Geek Gab #178: Batch Permission Changes, Encrypting Follow-up, Re-Enabling AirPort, and GigE speeds
by , 12:45 PM EST, November 28th, 2008
Download: or (AAC coming shortly courtesy of Michael Johnston of iPhoneAlley)
Show notes for Mac Geek Gab Podcast For November 28th, 2008
John and Dave are local in New Hampshire, no bandwidth issues to get in the way today! Just a straight-ahead podcast answering your questions, helping you change permissions, re-enable Airport, suss out GigE versus FireWire speeds, and even a follow-up on encrypting your data. Good stuff! Subscribe for free today!
Sponsor: Audio Engine: Audioengine A5 and A2 -- Real speakers designed for portable audio players that deliver astonishing sound (and don't cost a fortune). You can't get better sound for your iPod or iTunes!
Note: Shownotes are in progress...
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
Search MGG Shownotes:
(even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on an iMac (Core 2 Duo Mid 2007) using Audio Hijack Pro and routing courtesy of WireTap Anywhere. As for equipment, John is using a Heil PR-40 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is also used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Westone ES2 custom-fit earphones. When PilotPete is in the house, he's usually talking through a Heil PR-30. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael Johnston from iPhone Alley then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.
- Tue,9:31 AM
- Apple Targets Fitness, Travel, Music Apps in New Apple Watch Ads
- Mon,10:00 PM
- Google Plus + Google Agenda = Facebook Win
- 6:35 PM
- LOL Look Back at 2012: Apple Death Knell #60, Microsoft Will Beat Apple (& Google)
- 4:11 PM
- Free Dual-Display Wallpaper for Your Macs
- 3:35 PM
- Exocharge 3-Port USB Car Charger: $14.99
- 3:30 PM
- Apple is a Large Company - it Has Large Ambitions
- 1:46 PM
- Get Lost, and Found, in the Awesome Literary Road Trips Map
- 1:23 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-07-27: Apple’s Brilliant Marketing Message, Apple Watch in Best Buy
- 10:48 AM
- Huge Counterfeit iPhone Maker Shut Down in China
- 9:15 AM
- Good News, Apple Watch, You’re Coming to Best Buy
- Sun,7:19 PM
- MGG 563: Troubleshooting is a Process ... and So is Ranting About the Cloud
- Fri,8:40 PM
- Apple Redefines the Power of Plain Language in New iPhone Campaign