Apple Announces US$40 Million Profit, 813,000 Macs Shipped
Apple Stock Watch - Apple Announces US$40 Million Profit, 813,000 Macs Shipped
by , 5:15 PM EDT, April 17th, 2002
Apple Computer announced on Wednesday results for its 2nd fiscal quarter ended March 31, 2002.
For the three-month period:
Apple posts a net profit of US$40 million or US$.11 per diluted share, slightly ahead of analyst estimates of US$.10 per share.
Revenues for the quarter were US$1.5 billion, again, slightly above or inline with Wall Street expectations. Revenues were 4% above last year's results.
Gross margins increased to 27.4 percent versus 26.9 percent in the year-earlier period.
During the quarter Apple shipped 813,000 computers, including 220,000 flat screen iMacs. This represents an 8 percent increase in total unit shipments over last year's results.
Steve Jobs and Fred Anderson announced that Apple plans to open twenty additional retail stores by the end of the 2002 calendar year.
Looking forward, Apple expects revenues for the 3rd fiscal quarter to be rise incrementally and sequentially to US$1.6 billion and earning per share to either remain at US$.11 per share or rise slightly for the quarter.
The Mac Observer will be offering live coverage of the company's conference call barring any unexpected technical problems. We will also be bringing Apple's announcement to you as soon as it hits the wire. You can join in the discussion in the thread on the Q2 earnings report in the Apple Finance Boards. We will provide an in-depth review and analysis of Apple's 2nd fiscal quarter results tomorrow morning.
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Wed,9:40 PM
- Week Of Who, Day 3: Craigy Who and Mr Timey Pants
- 6:49 PM
- ACM 268: Apple Copycats, Ad Agencies, and Steve Ballmer: Sports Mogul
- 6:38 PM
- Jeff Gamet, John Martellaro Talk Sci-Fi Tech on MacVoices
- 5:26 PM
- Limefuel Lite USB Battery Pack for Dual Charging: $34.99
- 2:22 PM
- Guest Pass for iOS 7 Allows Access to Your Wi-Fi Network Without Revealing the Password
- 1:25 PM
- Parallels Announces Desktop 10 for the Mac with Yosemite Support
- 1:07 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-08-20
- 10:58 AM
- RunKeeper Wants to Give You Presents for Working Out
- 9:44 AM
- Analyst: No Apple iWatch this Year
- 8:45 AM
- 3 Handy Tips to Make Preview More Productive
- Tue,10:07 PM
- Apple’s Stock Sets Record Closing High, Market Cap Record Still Waits
- 8:23 PM
- Week of Who, Day Two: Doctor Stew