Apple Announces US$40 Million Profit, 813,000 Macs Shipped
Apple Stock Watch - Apple Announces US$40 Million Profit, 813,000 Macs Shipped
by , 5:15 PM EDT, April 17th, 2002
Apple Computer announced on Wednesday results for its 2nd fiscal quarter ended March 31, 2002.
For the three-month period:
Apple posts a net profit of US$40 million or US$.11 per diluted share, slightly ahead of analyst estimates of US$.10 per share.
Revenues for the quarter were US$1.5 billion, again, slightly above or inline with Wall Street expectations. Revenues were 4% above last year's results.
Gross margins increased to 27.4 percent versus 26.9 percent in the year-earlier period.
During the quarter Apple shipped 813,000 computers, including 220,000 flat screen iMacs. This represents an 8 percent increase in total unit shipments over last year's results.
Steve Jobs and Fred Anderson announced that Apple plans to open twenty additional retail stores by the end of the 2002 calendar year.
Looking forward, Apple expects revenues for the 3rd fiscal quarter to be rise incrementally and sequentially to US$1.6 billion and earning per share to either remain at US$.11 per share or rise slightly for the quarter.
The Mac Observer will be offering live coverage of the company's conference call barring any unexpected technical problems. We will also be bringing Apple's announcement to you as soon as it hits the wire. You can join in the discussion in the thread on the Q2 earnings report in the Apple Finance Boards. We will provide an in-depth review and analysis of Apple's 2nd fiscal quarter results tomorrow morning.
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Mon,5:57 PM
- Lord & Taylor, Hudson’s Bay Company Deploy iBeacons in Stores
- 5:18 PM
- The Mac Mastery Training Bundle: $29
- 4:39 PM
- Hilton to Turn Your iPhone into Your Hotel Room Key
- 3:55 PM
- OS X Yosemite: What Does That Little Green Button do NOW?
- 2:02 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-28
- 10:55 AM
- Apple Ready to Buy Swell Talk Show App in $30M Deal
- 10:09 AM
- Report Claims Retina MacBook Pro Speed Bump Coming Tuesday
- 9:04 AM
- EU Greenlights Apple’s Beats Acquisition
- Fri,9:03 PM
- 3 Free iOS Apps To Help You Find Something To Watch
- 8:57 PM
- 9 Swift Resources for iOS 8 Developers
- 7:39 PM
- OS X and iOS Application Compatibility Table
- 6:35 PM
- Best News in the Verse: Firefly Cast Reuniting for Firefly Online