Apple Announces US$40 Million Profit, 813,000 Macs Shipped
Apple Stock Watch - Apple Announces US$40 Million Profit, 813,000 Macs Shipped
by , 5:15 PM EDT, April 17th, 2002
Apple Computer announced on Wednesday results for its 2nd fiscal quarter ended March 31, 2002.
For the three-month period:
Apple posts a net profit of US$40 million or US$.11 per diluted share, slightly ahead of analyst estimates of US$.10 per share.
Revenues for the quarter were US$1.5 billion, again, slightly above or inline with Wall Street expectations. Revenues were 4% above last year's results.
Gross margins increased to 27.4 percent versus 26.9 percent in the year-earlier period.
During the quarter Apple shipped 813,000 computers, including 220,000 flat screen iMacs. This represents an 8 percent increase in total unit shipments over last year's results.
Steve Jobs and Fred Anderson announced that Apple plans to open twenty additional retail stores by the end of the 2002 calendar year.
Looking forward, Apple expects revenues for the 3rd fiscal quarter to be rise incrementally and sequentially to US$1.6 billion and earning per share to either remain at US$.11 per share or rise slightly for the quarter.
The Mac Observer will be offering live coverage of the company's conference call barring any unexpected technical problems. We will also be bringing Apple's announcement to you as soon as it hits the wire. You can join in the discussion in the thread on the Q2 earnings report in the Apple Finance Boards. We will provide an in-depth review and analysis of Apple's 2nd fiscal quarter results tomorrow morning.
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Tue,1:56 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-10-13: New Retina iMacs, Steve Jobs Movie
- 10:28 AM
- iOS 9: New Ways to Add Email Attachments
- 9:53 AM
- Magic Keyboard, Mouse, Trackpad get Rechargeable Batteries, More
- 9:00 AM
- Apple Upgrades iMac Line with All Retina Displays
- Mon,9:12 PM
- Batband Bone Conducting Headphones Top $557,000 on Kickstarter
- 8:05 PM
- Apple News Runs Afoul of China’s Great Firewall
- 6:51 PM
- Tag CEO: Selling 5 Million Apple Watches Is ‘Genius,’ but Smartwatches Over $2K Have a Problem
- 5:01 PM
- Build 20 Apps through iOS 9 and Xcode 7 Guide: $19
- 3:49 PM
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus get Bluetooth 4.2, Boost Apple’s Smarthome Plans
- 1:53 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-10-12: Elon Musk on Electric Cars, Dell Buys EMC
- 10:53 AM
- MGG 574: For Wireless Networks, Time Is a Hero
- 10:23 AM
- Dude. Dell is Buying EMC