Goldman Sachs Ups iPod Numbers Based on Holiday Demand
TMO Reports - Goldman Sachs Ups iPod Numbers Based on Holiday Demand
by , 4:40 PM EST, December 21st, 2005
Goldman Sachs on Wednesday issued a research note in which the firm increased its expectation of iPod shipments this quarter from 10 million to 11.6 million, in light of strong holiday demand and supply chain checks that show better component availability. As a result, the firm has bumped its EPS forecast to US$0.53.
Goldman Sachs also noted that Macs have "received relatively little of Apple's holiday strength" this quarter, but "this should change." The firm expects new iMacs, iBooks and Mac minis in the first quarter of 2006, with refreshes to the professional line happening the following quarter.
With Apple expected to introduce Intel-based Macs as early as next month's Macworld trade show in San Francisco, the investment firm increased its revenue and EPS estimates for FY06 to $18.757 billion and $1.83, respectively.
However, Goldman Sachs does see Apple "moving further from its Mac core in 2006, leveraging its brand and building on the consumer success of iPod." While the firm sees next year as "another major year in Apple's transformation," it also warns that the move into the "digital entertainment hub market," as analyst David Bailey describes it, will bring on new competition and challenges.
At the close of the stock markets on Wednesday, Apple shares stood at $73.50, up 1.93% for the day.
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Thu,9:20 PM
- 7 Things We Learned when Fortune Named Tim Cook World’s Greatest Leader
- 8:22 PM
- How To Sell, Trade In, or Recycle Old Macs or PCs
- 7:35 PM
- Apple’s App Store, iTunes, iBooks, Software Update Briefly Down for Some Users
- 6:08 PM
- The New MacBook Giveaway
- 1:21 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-03-26: Apple’s Revamped iTunes Radio Plans, Amazon’s Big Cloud Storage
- 12:20 PM
- X-Doria Defense Shield Case for iPhone 6 - Beautiful Yet Passes Drop Tests
- 11:31 AM
- Amazon Adds Unlimited Storage Options to Cloud Drive
- 10:32 AM
- Apple Tasks Jimmy Iovine, Trent Reznor with Making a Spotify Competitor
- 9:02 AM
- Apple TV Adds CNNgo Channel
- Wed,9:15 PM
- ACM 299: Happy Birthday OS X, and Cutting the Cable TV Cord
- 6:52 PM
- How To Recycle Old iPhones, iPads, and Other Mobile Devices
- 6:45 PM
- Kenu Stance Tripod for iPhone is Small, Folds Up and Even Opens Bottles