Apple Shares Tumble After-Hours on Disappointing Q2 Forecast [Update]
TMO Reports - Apple Shares Tumble After-Hours on Disappointing Q2 Forecast [Update]
by , 4:40 PM EST, January 18th, 2006
In after-hours trading on Wednesday, Apple shares had dropped to US$78.29, down 5.09% or $4.20, as of 4:40 PM EST, despite reporting record financial numbers for the previous quarter. Apple's stock historically drops after earnings announcements, whether they're good or bad. In this case, however, the markets reacted negatively to Apple's Q2 guidance, which was lower than consensus estimates.
The Wall Street Journal reported that Thomson Financial's estimate going into today's earnings announcement from Apple was for Q2 revenue of $4.63 billion and 48 cents per share in earnings. Apple offered guidance Wednesday of $4.3 billion in revenue and 38 cents per share in earnings.
Amid broader NASDAQ weakness, the company's stock closed Wednesday at $82.49, down $2.22 (-2.62%). After hours trading did see a slight recovery up to the $80 per share range after the initial downturn.
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Wed,8:45 PM
- Why I’m not Buying an Apple Smoke Detector
- 5:25 PM
- ACM 358: The Devil’s Advocate, Apple Scaling, and Tim Cook’s Speeches
- 5:00 PM
- Hulu Is Going to Launch What Was Denied to Apple: A Cable-like Internet Subscription Service
- 4:53 PM
- ThinCharge iPhone 6/6s Battery Case (Black): $56.99
- 3:10 PM
- The Internet of Things is Really a Thing in Germany
- 2:47 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-04: The Big HomeKit and Apple Smoke Detector Rant
- 9:52 AM
- FBI’s TOR, VPN-targeted Warrants Amount to Court Sanctioned Mass Surveillance
- 9:10 AM
- OS X: Turning Off Inline Mail Attachments
- Tue,9:03 PM
- Apple Snags 10% of Time’s 50 Most Influential Gadgets of All Time
- 6:29 PM
- ‘IPHONE’ Trademark Fight Illustrates Apple’s Headwinds in China
- 5:25 PM
- Drone Ballet Show at Mt. Fuji - Beautiful Performance and Music