Piper Jaffray: NPD iPod Data Shows Apple Tracking Above Estimate
TMO Reports - Piper Jaffray: NPD iPod Data Shows Apple Tracking Above Estimate
by , 12:50 PM EST, February 24th, 2006
Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster on Friday issued a new research report in which he said that NPD shipment data for iPods shows Apple potentially selling 9.3 million of them this quarter, versus the 9 million units he has projected. On Tuesday, Mr. Munster issued a report in which he said that only 20% of resellers have seen a slowdown in Mac sales as Apple continues its transition to Intel processors.
That report also showed that most resellers were seeing a slight drop in iPod sales compared to last quarter, as opposed to a significant decline. While Mr. Munster is unable to provide specific NPD shipment data due to contractual issues, he was able to show in his report that extrapolating January NPD sales numbers brings him to the 9.3 million units that Apple is projected to sell this quarter.
Mr. Munster kept his "Outperform" rating on Apple's stock, with a US$103 price target. At 12:49 PM EST on Friday, Apple shares were selling for $72.42, up 0.93% for the day. Shares have been on the rise in recent days, after falling below the $70 mark last week. Positive analyst comments, along with high hopes ahead of Apple's Feb. 28 product roll-out, seem to be fueling the rally.
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Thu, 7:56 PM
- Apple’s First WSJ Mention: Just Three Words in 1978
- 6:28 PM
- How To Bend iTunes Radio Stations To Your Will With Tuning Options
- 5:51 PM
- RadioShack Planning iPhone 5s Discount this Friday
- 4:50 PM
- Honda’s ASIMO Personal Robot is Scary Good in its Movements
- 4:42 PM
- HTML 5 Crash Course for Beginners - $29
- 3:55 PM
- Jeff Carlson’s Handy Tutorial on Using the iPad as a Photography Aid
- 2:00 PM
- Heartbleed Update: OpenVPN isn’t Safe, Either
- 12:50 PM
- ‘iPad and iPhone Kung Fu’ Book is Loaded with iOS 7 Tips and Hints
- 9:55 AM
- Apple’s iOS 8 to Reportedly Include Shazam Music Recognition
- 9:28 AM
- Sponsor: Merlin from Project Wizards
- 8:48 AM
- New Cars for Anki Drive Hit the Track
- Wed, 10:02 PM
- ACM 250: Apple’s iPhone Pricing, Samsung’s Fudging, Amazon’s Ambition