Piper Jaffray: NPD iPod Data Shows Apple Tracking Above Estimate
TMO Reports - Piper Jaffray: NPD iPod Data Shows Apple Tracking Above Estimate
by , 12:50 PM EST, February 24th, 2006
Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster on Friday issued a new research report in which he said that NPD shipment data for iPods shows Apple potentially selling 9.3 million of them this quarter, versus the 9 million units he has projected. On Tuesday, Mr. Munster issued a report in which he said that only 20% of resellers have seen a slowdown in Mac sales as Apple continues its transition to Intel processors.
That report also showed that most resellers were seeing a slight drop in iPod sales compared to last quarter, as opposed to a significant decline. While Mr. Munster is unable to provide specific NPD shipment data due to contractual issues, he was able to show in his report that extrapolating January NPD sales numbers brings him to the 9.3 million units that Apple is projected to sell this quarter.
Mr. Munster kept his "Outperform" rating on Apple's stock, with a US$103 price target. At 12:49 PM EST on Friday, Apple shares were selling for $72.42, up 0.93% for the day. Shares have been on the rise in recent days, after falling below the $70 mark last week. Positive analyst comments, along with high hopes ahead of Apple's Feb. 28 product roll-out, seem to be fueling the rally.
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Sun,12:02 PM
- MGG 564: Wave a Minty-Fresh Rubber Chicken Over It
- Sat,10:30 AM
- Rachio Iro - The Smart Sprinkler Controller
- Fri,10:00 PM
- Apple Has Starring Role in New Crypto War
- 5:40 PM
- How to Create Signatures in Mail.app in iOS and OS X
- 5:00 PM
- The Reason Why No Company Can Duplicate Apple’s iPhone Appeal
- 3:40 PM
- Wondershare PDFelement for Mac and OCR Plug-In: $39.99
- 1:49 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-07-31: New Apple TV Rumors, Google Defies France
- 10:42 AM
- Google Stands Up to France, Refuses Global “Right to be Forgotten” Order
- 8:56 AM
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: Turning Off Reachability
- Thu,6:43 PM
- New Apple TV Hardware Reportedly Coming in September
- 5:10 PM
- Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor Released for Mac and Linux
- 4:51 PM
- Safari Offers Longer Battery Life than Chrome or Firefox