Piper Jaffray: NPD iPod Data Shows Apple Tracking Above Estimate
TMO Reports - Piper Jaffray: NPD iPod Data Shows Apple Tracking Above Estimate
by , 12:50 PM EST, February 24th, 2006
Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster on Friday issued a new research report in which he said that NPD shipment data for iPods shows Apple potentially selling 9.3 million of them this quarter, versus the 9 million units he has projected. On Tuesday, Mr. Munster issued a report in which he said that only 20% of resellers have seen a slowdown in Mac sales as Apple continues its transition to Intel processors.
That report also showed that most resellers were seeing a slight drop in iPod sales compared to last quarter, as opposed to a significant decline. While Mr. Munster is unable to provide specific NPD shipment data due to contractual issues, he was able to show in his report that extrapolating January NPD sales numbers brings him to the 9.3 million units that Apple is projected to sell this quarter.
Mr. Munster kept his "Outperform" rating on Apple's stock, with a US$103 price target. At 12:49 PM EST on Friday, Apple shares were selling for $72.42, up 0.93% for the day. Shares have been on the rise in recent days, after falling below the $70 mark last week. Positive analyst comments, along with high hopes ahead of Apple's Feb. 28 product roll-out, seem to be fueling the rally.
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Tue,5:33 PM
- MGG 517: Random Access Gab
- 5:19 PM
- Cartoon Network Turns to iOS App Maker Pixel Press For Draw-Your-Own-Game
- 5:12 PM
- Last Chance for 8 Award-Winning Mac Apps for $39.99
- 5:00 PM
- Apple’s Deal with Major Credit Cards Companies Has Hidden Value
- 3:34 PM
- Samsung Taps David Hasselhoff, Knight Rider, and K.I.T.T.4 for Smart Home Ad
- 3:19 PM
- Apple: Celebrity Photo Theft Due to Compromised Passwords, Not iCloud Security
- 1:03 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-09-02
- 11:22 AM
- Analyst: New iPhones Coming, Maybe an iWatch, too
- 10:13 AM
- Report Claims iWatch Still in Testing, No Sept 9 Unveiling
- 8:50 AM
- Apple Lands Digital Wallet Deal with Amex, Visa, MasterCard
- Mon,5:52 PM
- Apple Fixes iCloud Security Gap, ‘Actively Investigates’ Celeb Photo Theft
- 8:00 AM
- Happy Labor Day