Piper Jaffray: NPD iPod Data Shows Apple Tracking Above Estimate
TMO Reports - Piper Jaffray: NPD iPod Data Shows Apple Tracking Above Estimate
by , 12:50 PM EST, February 24th, 2006
Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster on Friday issued a new research report in which he said that NPD shipment data for iPods shows Apple potentially selling 9.3 million of them this quarter, versus the 9 million units he has projected. On Tuesday, Mr. Munster issued a report in which he said that only 20% of resellers have seen a slowdown in Mac sales as Apple continues its transition to Intel processors.
That report also showed that most resellers were seeing a slight drop in iPod sales compared to last quarter, as opposed to a significant decline. While Mr. Munster is unable to provide specific NPD shipment data due to contractual issues, he was able to show in his report that extrapolating January NPD sales numbers brings him to the 9.3 million units that Apple is projected to sell this quarter.
Mr. Munster kept his "Outperform" rating on Apple's stock, with a US$103 price target. At 12:49 PM EST on Friday, Apple shares were selling for $72.42, up 0.93% for the day. Shares have been on the rise in recent days, after falling below the $70 mark last week. Positive analyst comments, along with high hopes ahead of Apple's Feb. 28 product roll-out, seem to be fueling the rally.
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Mon,9:52 PM
- Apple Q4 Earnings Sliced And Diced
- 8:21 PM
- Apple Q4 MacBook Sales Hit Record Breaking Numbers, Jump 25 Percent
- 7:45 PM
- Here’s What Apple Wants to Achieve With Apple Pay
- 7:33 PM
- How Apple’s Tim Cook Explained Away Poor iPad Sales
- 6:31 PM
- Apple Store App Update Adds Apple Pay Support
- 5:59 PM
- China Holds Huge Potential for Apple with First Time iPhone Buyers
- 5:16 PM
- Apple Teases Future Plans for Beats
- 5:02 PM
- Apple Posts a Record September Quarter - $42.1 Billion Revenue, $8.5 Billion Earnings
- 4:45 PM
- How-to Set Up and Add Credit Cards to Apple Pay
- 1:32 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-20
- 1:19 PM
- Apple Releases iOS 8.1 With Apple Pay, iCloud Photo Library, Camera Roll, More
- 11:49 AM
- Spotify Announces Family Plans