Analyst Maintains 'Buy' Rating, $101 Price Target on Apple
TMO Reports - Analyst Maintains 'Buy' Rating, $101 Price Target on Apple
by , 11:50 AM EDT, May 1st, 2006
American Technology Research analyst Shaw Wu on Monday issued a research report in which he maintained his "Buy" rating and US$101 price target on Apple's stock, pointing to a strong product pipeline in the second half of 2006 as the main reason for his decision.
Mr. Wu expects to see an Intel-based iBook replacement in June or July, which will be important for the back-to-school selling season. In addition, the analyst said that the iBook "is the second most important volume product in the Mac business (the most important being the iMac)."
Mr. Wu also sees Apple doubling the iPod nano's storage capacity to 4GB and 8GB and adding "basic video playback capability," both of which he believes will be key ways "to regenerate interest" in the devices. He sees those product refreshes happening next quarter.
During the final quarter of the year, the analyst expects a new version of Apple's flagship iPod. "We are picking up that AAPL is working hard on extending battery life on its next-generation widescreen vPod," he wrote. "The current vPod's battery life is great with audio but when one watches video, it lasts only about 75-90 minutes." He expects such a device to "serve as AAPL's new high-end iPod and not replace the current vPod, which in our checks, continues to sell well."
He summed up: "We remain firm believers that the move to digital entertainment is a multi-year trend and that AAPL is well-positioned to capitalize with its unique and defendable iPod + iTunes and Macintosh franchise." Wall Street on Monday seemed to agree with that sentiment, sending the company's stock up 1.36%, or $0.96 to $71.35 by 11:36 AM EST. The shares have been trending higher since last week.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,7:26 PM
- $100 off iPad mini 4 for Black Friday
- 7:11 PM
- iPad mini 2 for $199 at Walmart for Black Friday
- 6:18 PM
- $100 and $125 off iPad Air 2 for Black Friday from Best Buy
- 5:23 PM
- 20% iTunes Cards from Best Buy Back on for Black Friday
- 5:15 PM
- 20% Off iTunes Cards from Ebay/PayPal
- 8:03 AM
- Black Friday Blowout 15% Discount on TMO Deals
- Thu,10:32 AM
- Happy Thanksgiving from The Mac Observer!
- Wed,7:53 PM
- Awaken the Force with these Free Star Wars Apps
- 5:28 PM
- How to Pair Bluetooth Headphones with Your Apple TV
- 4:40 PM
- Pay What You Want for the Learn to Code Bundle
- 4:27 PM
- ACM 334: Apple’s Mac Pro vs. The Devil’s Advocate