Analyst Maintains 'Buy' Rating, $101 Price Target on Apple
TMO Reports - Analyst Maintains 'Buy' Rating, $101 Price Target on Apple
by , 11:50 AM EDT, May 1st, 2006
American Technology Research analyst Shaw Wu on Monday issued a research report in which he maintained his "Buy" rating and US$101 price target on Apple's stock, pointing to a strong product pipeline in the second half of 2006 as the main reason for his decision.
Mr. Wu expects to see an Intel-based iBook replacement in June or July, which will be important for the back-to-school selling season. In addition, the analyst said that the iBook "is the second most important volume product in the Mac business (the most important being the iMac)."
Mr. Wu also sees Apple doubling the iPod nano's storage capacity to 4GB and 8GB and adding "basic video playback capability," both of which he believes will be key ways "to regenerate interest" in the devices. He sees those product refreshes happening next quarter.
During the final quarter of the year, the analyst expects a new version of Apple's flagship iPod. "We are picking up that AAPL is working hard on extending battery life on its next-generation widescreen vPod," he wrote. "The current vPod's battery life is great with audio but when one watches video, it lasts only about 75-90 minutes." He expects such a device to "serve as AAPL's new high-end iPod and not replace the current vPod, which in our checks, continues to sell well."
He summed up: "We remain firm believers that the move to digital entertainment is a multi-year trend and that AAPL is well-positioned to capitalize with its unique and defendable iPod + iTunes and Macintosh franchise." Wall Street on Monday seemed to agree with that sentiment, sending the company's stock up 1.36%, or $0.96 to $71.35 by 11:36 AM EST. The shares have been trending higher since last week.
- Fri,9:03 PM
- 3 Free iOS Apps To Help You Find Something To Watch
- 8:57 PM
- 9 Swift Resources for iOS 8 Developers
- 7:39 PM
- OS X and iOS Application Compatibility Table
- 6:35 PM
- Best News in the Verse: Firefly Cast Reuniting for Firefly Online
- 6:26 PM
- Bose Sues Apple Acquisition Beats for Patent Infringement
- 5:11 PM
- iZZi Slim 4-Lenses-In-One Photo Kit: $95
- 3:44 PM
- Take Control of Yosemite Beta Testing Released
- 1:42 PM
- Judge Cote Calls Apple Ebook Settlement Unfair to Consumers
- 1:15 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-25
- 10:24 AM
- comiXology Intros DRM-free Digital Comic Backups
- 8:45 AM
- OS X: Repair Home Folder Permissions
- Thu,8:48 PM
- Hedge Fund: ‘Apple Might Become Obsolete in 2-3 Years’