Apple: Boot Camp Makes Macs More Appealing to Switchers
TMO Reports - Apple: Boot Camp Makes Macs More Appealing to Switchers
by , 7:35 PM EDT, July 19th, 2006
P>Boot Camp, the software that makes it possible to boot up in Windows on a Macintosh compute, is making the Mac more appealing to Switchers, according to Apple COO Tim Cook. The claim came during Apple's Q3 conference call with analysts Wednesday.
Bill Hope of JP Morgan asked Apple execs on hand for the conference call if Boot Camp was showing specific signs of boosting the number of Switchers to the Mac platform. Though Apple has a history of being cagey about such specifics in its dealings with analysts and the press, Mr. Cook answered the question directly.
"We released the beta in April," he said. "The number of downloads that we've had are significant, and the customer feedback that we have had on Boot Camp is very, very good. It's clear that for a Windows user that is considering switching to a Mac, that it makes it even more appealing to them to switch."
Apple reported selling 1.327 million Macs in the June quarter, up from 1.182 million Mac year over year, a 19% growth. IDC released a report Wednesday putting Apple's market share up to 4.8% in the U.S., up from 4.4% in the June quarter, 2005.
The markets have so far reacted positively to Apple's results, with the stock trading higher in extended hours at 58.83, up 6.07 (+11.50%).
*In the interest of full disclosure, the author holds a small share in AAPL stock that was not an influence in the creation of this article.
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,7:00 PM
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- 6:54 PM
- 6 Great Display Choices for Your MacBook Pro and Mac Pro
- 6:25 PM
- Apple Drops 2.81% in Broad Brexit Selloff
- 5:01 PM
- G Cloud Unlimited Backup for iPhone and Android: 5-Year Subscription for $29.99
- 1:46 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-06-24: Goodbye Thunderbolt Display, Spinning off the Mac
- 11:48 AM
- Plex Media Server Turns 1.0!
- 9:05 AM
- OS X: Using Policy Banner for Custom Login Screens
- Thu,9:01 PM
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- 8:55 PM
- Apple Adds RAW Support for 15 DSLR Cameras from Canon, Olympus, Panasonic, Sony
- 6:20 PM
- How to Display Calories or kJ on your iPhone/Apple Watch Health Apps
- 5:20 PM
- Ingrein ‘Smartclock’ Shows Important Notifications to Help You Detach from Your Screen