Apple: Boot Camp Makes Macs More Appealing to Switchers
TMO Reports - Apple: Boot Camp Makes Macs More Appealing to Switchers
by , 7:35 PM EDT, July 19th, 2006
P>Boot Camp, the software that makes it possible to boot up in Windows on a Macintosh compute, is making the Mac more appealing to Switchers, according to Apple COO Tim Cook. The claim came during Apple's Q3 conference call with analysts Wednesday.
Bill Hope of JP Morgan asked Apple execs on hand for the conference call if Boot Camp was showing specific signs of boosting the number of Switchers to the Mac platform. Though Apple has a history of being cagey about such specifics in its dealings with analysts and the press, Mr. Cook answered the question directly.
"We released the beta in April," he said. "The number of downloads that we've had are significant, and the customer feedback that we have had on Boot Camp is very, very good. It's clear that for a Windows user that is considering switching to a Mac, that it makes it even more appealing to them to switch."
Apple reported selling 1.327 million Macs in the June quarter, up from 1.182 million Mac year over year, a 19% growth. IDC released a report Wednesday putting Apple's market share up to 4.8% in the U.S., up from 4.4% in the June quarter, 2005.
The markets have so far reacted positively to Apple's results, with the stock trading higher in extended hours at 58.83, up 6.07 (+11.50%).
*In the interest of full disclosure, the author holds a small share in AAPL stock that was not an influence in the creation of this article.
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Wed,3:10 PM
- How to Pre-authorize Your iPhone to Use Apple Pay
- 12:58 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-07-29: Fitness Tracker Accuracy, Logitech’s new Mouse
- 10:15 AM
- Photoshop CS6 Stragglers Out of Luck for Camera Raw Updates
- 8:55 AM
- iOS: Deleting Siri’s Training Data
- Tue,8:06 PM
- Buy iPhone 6 from T-Mobile Now, Swap for iPhone 6s for Free, Apple Music Exempt from Data Limits
- 7:10 PM
- CoMacadore Plus - Mac OS 6.0.1 Running on an Amiga 500
- 6:11 PM
- Your Fitness Tracker May be Wrong, but that Doesn’t Make it Bad
- 5:55 PM
- The Surreal Selfie Stick (Video)
- 5:30 PM
- Logitech’s MX Anywhere 2 Mouse is a Joy to Use
- 4:57 PM
- Pay What You Want for the Game Developer Bundle
- 4:10 PM
- No One Really Needs an Apple Watch Today
- 2:06 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-07-28: Google+ gets Smaller, Apple gets Bigger