Apple: Boot Camp Makes Macs More Appealing to Switchers
TMO Reports - Apple: Boot Camp Makes Macs More Appealing to Switchers
by , 7:35 PM EDT, July 19th, 2006
P>Boot Camp, the software that makes it possible to boot up in Windows on a Macintosh compute, is making the Mac more appealing to Switchers, according to Apple COO Tim Cook. The claim came during Apple's Q3 conference call with analysts Wednesday.
Bill Hope of JP Morgan asked Apple execs on hand for the conference call if Boot Camp was showing specific signs of boosting the number of Switchers to the Mac platform. Though Apple has a history of being cagey about such specifics in its dealings with analysts and the press, Mr. Cook answered the question directly.
"We released the beta in April," he said. "The number of downloads that we've had are significant, and the customer feedback that we have had on Boot Camp is very, very good. It's clear that for a Windows user that is considering switching to a Mac, that it makes it even more appealing to them to switch."
Apple reported selling 1.327 million Macs in the June quarter, up from 1.182 million Mac year over year, a 19% growth. IDC released a report Wednesday putting Apple's market share up to 4.8% in the U.S., up from 4.4% in the June quarter, 2005.
The markets have so far reacted positively to Apple's results, with the stock trading higher in extended hours at 58.83, up 6.07 (+11.50%).
*In the interest of full disclosure, the author holds a small share in AAPL stock that was not an influence in the creation of this article.
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Fri, 8:40 AM
- iTunes Radio: Create a Station from a Song or Artist
- Thu, 7:56 PM
- Apple’s First WSJ Mention: Just Three Words in 1978
- 6:28 PM
- How To Bend iTunes Radio Stations To Your Will With Tuning Options
- 5:51 PM
- RadioShack Planning iPhone 5s Discount this Friday
- 4:50 PM
- Honda’s ASIMO Personal Robot is Scary Good in its Movements
- 4:42 PM
- HTML 5 Crash Course for Beginners - $29
- 3:55 PM
- Jeff Carlson’s Handy Tutorial on Using the iPad as a Photography Aid
- 2:00 PM
- Heartbleed Update: OpenVPN isn’t Safe, Either
- 12:50 PM
- ‘iPad and iPhone Kung Fu’ Book is Loaded with iOS 7 Tips and Hints
- 9:55 AM
- Apple’s iOS 8 to Reportedly Include Shazam Music Recognition
- 9:28 AM
- Sponsor: Merlin from Project Wizards
- 8:48 AM
- New Cars for Anki Drive Hit the Track