AAPL Still On the Rise
AAPL Still On the Rise
by , 8:20 AM EDT, May 14th, 2007
Apple stock has been climbing steadily for some time now, and lately seems to hit a new high on an almost daily basis. Sticking to that trend, the Mac and iPod maker's stock broke through US$109 on Monday morning after closing at $108.74 last Friday.
The company's strong performance over the past few quarters has analysts seeing continued growth for the foreseeable future. "We believe shares can continue to surge into calendar year end on the back of new products," said UBS analyst Ben Reitzes. "The thesis that Mac sales can surge is alive and well."
Apple also has a strong line up of new product releases on the way that include iPhone, a combination iPod and smart phone; Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), the successor to Apple's current Mac operating system; and new iPod models, all of which will help spur Mac sales.
Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster commented "With Apple heading into three quarters of significant product releases (iPhone, Leopard, new iPod) and the education buying season, we expect year-over-year market share gains to continue."
Apple's market cap is currently sitting at $94.03 billion. In comparison, the PC maker Dell has a market cap of $57.56 billion, some $36.47 billion below Apple.
Apple stock is currently trading in the pre-market at $109.32, up 0.58 (0.53%).
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Tue,10:07 PM
- Apple’s Stock Sets Record Closing High, Market Cap Record Still Waits
- 8:23 PM
- Week of Who, Day Two: Doctor Stew
- 4:22 PM
- Last Chance for Duracell Bundle: 100 AA and 50 AAA Batteries for $56
- 3:55 PM
- Steve Ballmer Quits Microsoft’s Board, Will Focus on Clippers and Study
- 2:35 PM
- OS X: Delete the Annoying ‘Move to Dropbox’ from Contextual Menus
- 1:35 PM
- Shares of $AAPL Top $100, Flirt with Record Closing High
- 1:21 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-08-19
- 11:02 AM
- Developer Portal Breach May have Forced Apple’s Gatekeeper Changes
- 10:13 AM
- iTunes Festival 2014 Adds Paolo Nutini, Lenny Kravitz, Elbow
- 9:22 AM
- 5 Great iPhone Accessories for Runners and Hikers
- Mon,6:46 PM
- CrossOver 13: Run Windows Software On Your Mac for $29.95
- 6:30 PM
- China’s Xiaomi Is No Apple