AAPL Still On the Rise
AAPL Still On the Rise
by , 8:20 AM EDT, May 14th, 2007
Apple stock has been climbing steadily for some time now, and lately seems to hit a new high on an almost daily basis. Sticking to that trend, the Mac and iPod maker's stock broke through US$109 on Monday morning after closing at $108.74 last Friday.
The company's strong performance over the past few quarters has analysts seeing continued growth for the foreseeable future. "We believe shares can continue to surge into calendar year end on the back of new products," said UBS analyst Ben Reitzes. "The thesis that Mac sales can surge is alive and well."
Apple also has a strong line up of new product releases on the way that include iPhone, a combination iPod and smart phone; Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), the successor to Apple's current Mac operating system; and new iPod models, all of which will help spur Mac sales.
Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster commented "With Apple heading into three quarters of significant product releases (iPhone, Leopard, new iPod) and the education buying season, we expect year-over-year market share gains to continue."
Apple's market cap is currently sitting at $94.03 billion. In comparison, the PC maker Dell has a market cap of $57.56 billion, some $36.47 billion below Apple.
Apple stock is currently trading in the pre-market at $109.32, up 0.58 (0.53%).
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Thu,8:36 PM
- Apple Takes iWork for iCloud out of Beta, Open to Everyone
- 7:53 PM
- This Is Why You Should Set Up Philips Hue LED Smartbulbs
- 7:15 PM
- Apple Rumored to Bring Touch ID to Macs
- 4:40 PM
- Last Chance To Save 55% On The Code Black HD Camera Drone
- 3:54 PM
- FCC Reclassifies Internet Providers in Net Neutrality Vote
- 1:51 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-02-26: Apple Spring Forward Media Event, Net Neutrality
- 12:27 PM
- Apple Invites Media to March 9th ‘Spring Forward’ Event
- 11:14 AM
- Brikk to Sell Diamond-coated Apple Watch for $75K
- 10:37 AM
- Build Your Own LEGO Oscars Statue
- 9:07 AM
- Apple Products Dropped from China Government Buy List
- 1:53 AM
- Tim Cook Reportedly Showers with Apple Watch, Suggesting It’s Waterproof
- Wed,9:30 PM
- Apple CEO Tim Cook to Give Commencement Speech at George Washington University