Zoom In On Your Desktop
TMO Quick Tip - Zoom In On Your Desktop
by , 7:30 AM EDT, June 26th, 2006
When I'm teaching a class or presenting at an event, I often zoom in on part of my Mac's display to make it easier for everyone to see menu options and buttons in application palettes. The effect usually draws a few "oohs" and "ahs" along with questions about how I did that. The feature is built in to Mac OS X, and only takes a few steps to activate. Here's how:
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences to launch the System Preferences application.
- Select Universal Access.
- Click the Seeing tab.
- Click the Zoom: On radio button.
Use the Universal Access Preference Pane to turn on the Zoom feature.
To enlarge part of your display, type Command-Option-=. Your Mac zooms in on the area around your mouse pointer. When you move your mouse, the zoomed area follows. Command-Option-- (Command-Option-Minus) shrinks your display back down to normal size.
My display, normal size (left), and zoomed (right).
Even though I use the Zoom feature in Mac OS X during presentations, I also find it handy when I get emails with super-small text. Instead of changing the text size, I just zoom in a little.
if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.
- Mon,5:11 PM
- VPN Unlimited Premium Plan: 3 Years Of Hacker Protection and More for $19
- 4:38 PM
- Apple Releases ‘Critical’ OS X NTP Security Update for Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion
- 4:10 PM
- Dr. Mac’s Tried and True Apple Holiday Gift Guide for Geeks (Part 3)
- 3:51 PM
- Procrastinator’s Guide to Last Minute Holiday Gifts
- 2:11 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-12-22
- 12:39 PM
- Freezing Rain Encases Slovenian Mountain in Ice [PHOTOS]
- 11:34 AM
- Apple Pay goes to Disney World for Christmas
- 10:46 AM
- SNL Takes on Serial with a Holiday Flair
- 10:07 AM
- Apple Rolls Out OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 Public Beta
- 9:03 AM
- Rumor Claims 12-inch MacBook Air Production Coming in Early 2015
- Sun,8:14 PM
- MGG 532: Blowin’ Up The Spammers!
- 7:45 PM
- Get Free Bitcoins with 52 Website Faucets that Really Pay [Update]