Add a Three-column View to Mail
TMO Quick Tip - Add a Three-column View to Mail
by , 7:30 AM EDT, July 10th, 2006
If your Mac has a wide screen display, Apple's Mail doesn't offer a very efficient way to view your messages. What you really need is a three-column view, which is exactly what Letterbox gives you.
Mail's standard view is fine for smaller displays.
Letterbox is a plug-in for Mail that changes the default column and stacked pane view to a three column view. It works great on my 15-inch PowerBook G4, but looked even better when my friend Ben Willmore showed it to me on his 30-inch Cinema display.
Letterbox lets Mail take advange of your Widescreen display.
Installing the plug-in is a snap. Just double-click the installer, and relaunch Mail when it finishes. The installer includes an uninstall feature, but you can always remove the plug-in yourself: It's hiding in <your home directory>/Library/Mail/Bundles.
Letterbox is free, and available for download at Aaron Harnly's Web site.
if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.
- Mon,9:12 PM
- Batband Bone Conducting Headphones Top $555.000 on Kickstarter
- 8:05 PM
- Apple News Runs Afoul of China’s Great Firewall
- 6:51 PM
- Tag CEO: Selling 5 Million Apple Watches Is ‘Genius,’ but Smartwatches Over $2K Have a Problem
- 5:01 PM
- Build 20 Apps through iOS 9 and Xcode 7 Guide: $19
- 3:49 PM
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus get Bluetooth 4.2, Boost Apple’s Smarthome Plans
- 1:53 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-10-12: Elon Musk on Electric Cars, Dell Buys EMC
- 10:53 AM
- MGG 574: For Wireless Networks, Time Is a Hero
- 10:23 AM
- Dude. Dell is Buying EMC
- 9:36 AM
- L16: 16 Cameras, 52 Megapixel, 1 Case
- Sun,12:45 AM
- Behold the ‘Michael Dell’ Bio Trailer
- Fri,8:30 PM
- Silicon Valley Sources Refute Elon Musk Claims about Apple
- 6:08 PM
- Two Minute Clip from Steve Jobs Film where Woz Asks Steve What He Does (Video)