Add a Three-column View to Mail
TMO Quick Tip - Add a Three-column View to Mail
by , 7:30 AM EDT, July 10th, 2006
If your Mac has a wide screen display, Apple's Mail doesn't offer a very efficient way to view your messages. What you really need is a three-column view, which is exactly what Letterbox gives you.
Mail's standard view is fine for smaller displays.
Letterbox is a plug-in for Mail that changes the default column and stacked pane view to a three column view. It works great on my 15-inch PowerBook G4, but looked even better when my friend Ben Willmore showed it to me on his 30-inch Cinema display.
Letterbox lets Mail take advange of your Widescreen display.
Installing the plug-in is a snap. Just double-click the installer, and relaunch Mail when it finishes. The installer includes an uninstall feature, but you can always remove the plug-in yourself: It's hiding in <your home directory>/Library/Mail/Bundles.
Letterbox is free, and available for download at Aaron Harnly's Web site.
if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,7:26 PM
- $100 off iPad mini 4 for Black Friday
- 7:11 PM
- iPad mini 2 for $199 at Walmart for Black Friday
- 6:18 PM
- $100 and $125 off iPad Air 2 for Black Friday from Best Buy
- 5:23 PM
- 20% iTunes Cards from Best Buy Back on for Black Friday
- 5:15 PM
- 20% Off iTunes Cards from Ebay/PayPal
- 8:03 AM
- Black Friday Blowout 15% Discount on TMO Deals
- Thu,10:32 AM
- Happy Thanksgiving from The Mac Observer!
- Wed,7:53 PM
- Awaken the Force with these Free Star Wars Apps
- 5:28 PM
- How to Pair Bluetooth Headphones with Your Apple TV
- 4:40 PM
- Pay What You Want for the Learn to Code Bundle
- 4:27 PM
- ACM 334: Apple’s Mac Pro vs. The Devil’s Advocate