Add a Three-column View to Mail
TMO Quick Tip - Add a Three-column View to Mail
by , 7:30 AM EDT, July 10th, 2006
If your Mac has a wide screen display, Apple's Mail doesn't offer a very efficient way to view your messages. What you really need is a three-column view, which is exactly what Letterbox gives you.
Mail's standard view is fine for smaller displays.
Letterbox is a plug-in for Mail that changes the default column and stacked pane view to a three column view. It works great on my 15-inch PowerBook G4, but looked even better when my friend Ben Willmore showed it to me on his 30-inch Cinema display.
Letterbox lets Mail take advange of your Widescreen display.
Installing the plug-in is a snap. Just double-click the installer, and relaunch Mail when it finishes. The installer includes an uninstall feature, but you can always remove the plug-in yourself: It's hiding in <your home directory>/Library/Mail/Bundles.
Letterbox is free, and available for download at Aaron Harnly's Web site.
if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.
- Mon,8:00 AM
- Happy Labor Day
- Sun,5:23 PM
- How to Use a FLIR Camera to Steal a PIN Code, and How to Stop It
- 3:54 PM
- Apple’s Spaceship Campus through a Drone’s Eye
- Fri,8:00 PM
- Get Free Bitcoins with 45 Website Faucets that Really Pay [Update]
- 7:56 PM
- Level Up Contacts with Contact Center
- 6:40 PM
- 8 Predictions for Apple’s September 9 Media Event
- 5:15 PM
- How To Tell iMessages From Text Messages
- 5:02 PM
- 2 Deals and 4 Freebies
- 3:44 PM
- Apple’s September 9 Event Won’t be What we Expect
- 1:56 PM
- Emoji-Only Social Network Emojili App Released on iTunes
- 1:08 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-08-29
- 11:05 AM
- New Photos Show iPhone 6 in Grey, Gold, Silver