Add a Three-column View to Mail
TMO Quick Tip - Add a Three-column View to Mail
by , 7:30 AM EDT, July 10th, 2006
If your Mac has a wide screen display, Apple's Mail doesn't offer a very efficient way to view your messages. What you really need is a three-column view, which is exactly what Letterbox gives you.
Mail's standard view is fine for smaller displays.
Letterbox is a plug-in for Mail that changes the default column and stacked pane view to a three column view. It works great on my 15-inch PowerBook G4, but looked even better when my friend Ben Willmore showed it to me on his 30-inch Cinema display.
Letterbox lets Mail take advange of your Widescreen display.
Installing the plug-in is a snap. Just double-click the installer, and relaunch Mail when it finishes. The installer includes an uninstall feature, but you can always remove the plug-in yourself: It's hiding in <your home directory>/Library/Mail/Bundles.
Letterbox is free, and available for download at Aaron Harnly's Web site.
if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,7:07 PM
- Apple’s First Scripted Series will Star Dr. Dre
- 7:07 PM
- Adobe Creative Cloud Bug Deletes Files Without Permission
- 6:00 PM
- AT&T Says it’s 5G Network will be 100x Faster than LTE
- 5:01 PM
- My Classic Hard Disks Are Spinning Right into the Graveyard
- 4:54 PM
- Bumprz 2: Minimalist Protection for iPhone on Kickstarter
- 4:51 PM
- MGG 592: Taming Wi-Fi Chaos
- 1:45 PM
- OK Go’s Parabolic Flight Video for ‘Upside Down & Inside Out’
- 1:35 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-02-12: 5G Wireless Speed Tests, Apple’s Growing Patent Infringement Mess
- 1:31 PM
- Xtra Drive Lightning Flash Drive with 16GB Micro SD Card: $71.99
- 12:55 PM
- How to Fix the ‘You Are Not Signed into Apple Music’ Error
- 10:38 AM
- Immersion Sues Apple, AT&T Over Haptic Feedback Patents