Add a Three-column View to Mail
TMO Quick Tip - Add a Three-column View to Mail
by , 7:30 AM EDT, July 10th, 2006
If your Mac has a wide screen display, Apple's Mail doesn't offer a very efficient way to view your messages. What you really need is a three-column view, which is exactly what Letterbox gives you.
Mail's standard view is fine for smaller displays.
Letterbox is a plug-in for Mail that changes the default column and stacked pane view to a three column view. It works great on my 15-inch PowerBook G4, but looked even better when my friend Ben Willmore showed it to me on his 30-inch Cinema display.
Letterbox lets Mail take advange of your Widescreen display.
Installing the plug-in is a snap. Just double-click the installer, and relaunch Mail when it finishes. The installer includes an uninstall feature, but you can always remove the plug-in yourself: It's hiding in <your home directory>/Library/Mail/Bundles.
Letterbox is free, and available for download at Aaron Harnly's Web site.
if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.
- Fri,2:02 PM
- iOS 8: Adding Fitness App Data to the Health App
- 1:16 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-31
- 11:25 AM
- How To Clean Up and Rebuild Apple Mail Data [Yosemite Update]
- 9:39 AM
- Judge to Unseal GT Advanced Bankruptcy Filing Documents
- 8:45 AM
- Yosemite: Maximizing Windows & the Green “Stoplight” Button
- Thu,7:17 PM
- Meijer, the CurrenctC/MCX Member Who Refuses to Block Apple Pay
- 6:36 PM
- Get Free Bitcoins with 52 Website Faucets that Really Pay [Update]
- 5:17 PM
- Last Chance for The Bluetooth Shower Speaker: $39
- 5:09 PM
- CES Rebrands iLounge Pavilion as iProducts, Hopes to Attract Macworld Expo Exhibitors
- 2:13 PM
- Apple Reverses PCalc Decision; App and Widget Can Stay
- 1:29 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-30
- 11:36 AM
- Microsoft Joins the Fitness Tracking Game with Fitness Band