Add a Three-column View to Mail
TMO Quick Tip - Add a Three-column View to Mail
by , 7:30 AM EDT, July 10th, 2006
If your Mac has a wide screen display, Apple's Mail doesn't offer a very efficient way to view your messages. What you really need is a three-column view, which is exactly what Letterbox gives you.
Mail's standard view is fine for smaller displays.
Letterbox is a plug-in for Mail that changes the default column and stacked pane view to a three column view. It works great on my 15-inch PowerBook G4, but looked even better when my friend Ben Willmore showed it to me on his 30-inch Cinema display.
Letterbox lets Mail take advange of your Widescreen display.
Installing the plug-in is a snap. Just double-click the installer, and relaunch Mail when it finishes. The installer includes an uninstall feature, but you can always remove the plug-in yourself: It's hiding in <your home directory>/Library/Mail/Bundles.
Letterbox is free, and available for download at Aaron Harnly's Web site.
if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.
- Mon,9:12 PM
- Musicians Launch ‘Tidal’ Streaming Music Service to Reestablish Value of Music
- 8:40 PM
- Apple Retail Expands Trade-Ins to Non-Apple Phones
- 7:13 PM
- ifoAppleStore Calls it Quits, ‘My Work Is Done’
- 6:46 PM
- Apple Will Announce Q2 Earnings April 27th
- 6:01 PM
- Tesla Will Announce New Product Line April 30th - Not a Car
- 5:45 PM
- What to Expect from the Core M Processor in the New MacBook
- 4:12 PM
- Last Chance To Save 77% On The Wireless Bluetooth Cloud Buds
- 1:38 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-03-30: Tim Cook and Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act Law
- 10:41 AM
- In-store Apple Watch Purchases will Require Appointments
- 9:29 AM
- Tim Cook Blasts Indiana Discrimination Law, and it’s the Right thing to Do
- Sun,12:13 PM
- MGG 546: Calendars, Flaky Connections and NAS Backups
- Sat,10:30 AM
- How to Create Light Trails Photographs with Your iPhone