Add a Three-column View to Mail
TMO Quick Tip - Add a Three-column View to Mail
by , 7:30 AM EDT, July 10th, 2006
If your Mac has a wide screen display, Apple's Mail doesn't offer a very efficient way to view your messages. What you really need is a three-column view, which is exactly what Letterbox gives you.
Mail's standard view is fine for smaller displays.
Letterbox is a plug-in for Mail that changes the default column and stacked pane view to a three column view. It works great on my 15-inch PowerBook G4, but looked even better when my friend Ben Willmore showed it to me on his 30-inch Cinema display.
Letterbox lets Mail take advange of your Widescreen display.
Installing the plug-in is a snap. Just double-click the installer, and relaunch Mail when it finishes. The installer includes an uninstall feature, but you can always remove the plug-in yourself: It's hiding in <your home directory>/Library/Mail/Bundles.
Letterbox is free, and available for download at Aaron Harnly's Web site.
if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Sun,12:18 PM
- MGG 611: Troubleshoot & Resolve Your Mac & Apple Issues
- Fri,7:00 PM
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- 6:54 PM
- 6 Great Display Choices for Your MacBook Pro and Mac Pro
- 6:25 PM
- Apple Drops 2.81% in Broad Brexit Selloff
- 5:01 PM
- G Cloud Unlimited Backup for iPhone and Android: 5-Year Subscription for $29.99
- 1:46 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-06-24: Goodbye Thunderbolt Display, Spinning off the Mac
- 11:48 AM
- Plex Media Server Turns 1.0!
- 9:05 AM
- OS X: Using Policy Banner for Custom Login Screens
- Thu,9:01 PM
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- 8:55 PM
- Apple Adds RAW Support for 15 DSLR Cameras from Canon, Olympus, Panasonic, Sony
- 6:20 PM
- How to Display Calories or kJ on your iPhone/Apple Watch Health Apps