Add a Three-column View to Mail
TMO Quick Tip - Add a Three-column View to Mail
by , 7:30 AM EDT, July 10th, 2006
If your Mac has a wide screen display, Apple's Mail doesn't offer a very efficient way to view your messages. What you really need is a three-column view, which is exactly what Letterbox gives you.
Mail's standard view is fine for smaller displays.
Letterbox is a plug-in for Mail that changes the default column and stacked pane view to a three column view. It works great on my 15-inch PowerBook G4, but looked even better when my friend Ben Willmore showed it to me on his 30-inch Cinema display.
Letterbox lets Mail take advange of your Widescreen display.
Installing the plug-in is a snap. Just double-click the installer, and relaunch Mail when it finishes. The installer includes an uninstall feature, but you can always remove the plug-in yourself: It's hiding in <your home directory>/Library/Mail/Bundles.
Letterbox is free, and available for download at Aaron Harnly's Web site.
if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.
- Thu,9:22 AM
- Apple TV Gets Beats Channel, Family Sharing
- 8:42 AM
- iOS 8: See What’s Eating Your Battery
- Wed,8:10 PM
- Apple Releases Mavericks OS X 10.9.5 with Improvements to VPN and SMB Servers
- 7:57 PM
- Apple Updates iTunes TOC with iOS 8 Family Sharing and App Bundle Pricing
- 7:08 PM
- ACM 272: iPhone 6, iOS 8, and Tim Cook
- 5:10 PM
- iOS OTA update too big? Use iTunes
- 3:50 PM
- iOS 8 Upgrade Recommendations By Device/Model
- 3:15 PM
- A 3D Printed Microscope for Your iPhone for Pennies
- 2:03 PM
- Mpow’s Steambot Y Delivers Bluetooth for Older Cars
- 1:40 PM
- PSA: Skip iCloud Drive if You Sync iCloud Data to Mac or iOS 7
- 1:35 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-09-17
- 1:02 PM
- Apple Releases iOS 8 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch