Add a Three-column View to Mail
TMO Quick Tip - Add a Three-column View to Mail
by , 7:30 AM EDT, July 10th, 2006
If your Mac has a wide screen display, Apple's Mail doesn't offer a very efficient way to view your messages. What you really need is a three-column view, which is exactly what Letterbox gives you.
Mail's standard view is fine for smaller displays.
Letterbox is a plug-in for Mail that changes the default column and stacked pane view to a three column view. It works great on my 15-inch PowerBook G4, but looked even better when my friend Ben Willmore showed it to me on his 30-inch Cinema display.
Letterbox lets Mail take advange of your Widescreen display.
Installing the plug-in is a snap. Just double-click the installer, and relaunch Mail when it finishes. The installer includes an uninstall feature, but you can always remove the plug-in yourself: It's hiding in <your home directory>/Library/Mail/Bundles.
Letterbox is free, and available for download at Aaron Harnly's Web site.
if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.
- Fri,8:43 PM
- How to Identify Power Bricks in One Clever Stroke
- 6:48 PM
- Legal Mobile Phone Unlocking Bill to Be Signed into Law
- 6:18 PM
- Brilliant ‘Apple Clickbait Generator’ Makes Apple-Doomed-Articles
- 6:15 PM
- Microsoft’s Sobering Realization: It Can Never Win, Place or Show in the Hardware War
- 6:10 PM
- Kensington X3 Bluetooth Keyboard/Case for iPad Air Can Also Partially Charge it
- 4:12 PM
- Complete iOS 8 + Swift Developers Course (Pre-Order) for $79
- 1:07 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-08-01
- 11:18 AM
- Apple to Beats: Welcome to the Family
- 10:42 AM
- BadUSB: Undetectable USB flaw Could Expose all Your Tech Gear to Hackers
- 9:48 AM
- Apple Buys Vivendi’s Stake in Beats for $404M [Updated]
- 8:45 AM
- OS X: Configuring FileVault
- Thu,9:43 PM
- U.S. Appeals Court Rules Microsoft Must Turn Over Email Hosted in Ireland