Add a Three-column View to Mail
TMO Quick Tip - Add a Three-column View to Mail
by , 7:30 AM EDT, July 10th, 2006
If your Mac has a wide screen display, Apple's Mail doesn't offer a very efficient way to view your messages. What you really need is a three-column view, which is exactly what Letterbox gives you.
Mail's standard view is fine for smaller displays.
Letterbox is a plug-in for Mail that changes the default column and stacked pane view to a three column view. It works great on my 15-inch PowerBook G4, but looked even better when my friend Ben Willmore showed it to me on his 30-inch Cinema display.
Letterbox lets Mail take advange of your Widescreen display.
Installing the plug-in is a snap. Just double-click the installer, and relaunch Mail when it finishes. The installer includes an uninstall feature, but you can always remove the plug-in yourself: It's hiding in <your home directory>/Library/Mail/Bundles.
Letterbox is free, and available for download at Aaron Harnly's Web site.
if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.
- Fri,9:03 PM
- 3 Free iOS Apps To Help You Find Something To Watch
- 8:57 PM
- 9 Swift Resources for iOS 8 Developers
- 7:39 PM
- OS X and iOS Application Compatibility Table
- 6:35 PM
- Best News in the Verse: Firefly Cast Reuniting for Firefly Online
- 6:26 PM
- Bose Sues Apple Acquisition Beats for Patent Infringement
- 5:11 PM
- iZZi Slim 4-Lenses-In-One Photo Kit: $95
- 3:44 PM
- Take Control of Yosemite Beta Testing Released
- 1:42 PM
- Judge Cote Calls Apple Ebook Settlement Unfair to Consumers
- 1:15 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-25
- 10:24 AM
- comiXology Intros DRM-free Digital Comic Backups
- 8:45 AM
- OS X: Repair Home Folder Permissions
- Thu,8:48 PM
- Hedge Fund: ‘Apple Might Become Obsolete in 2-3 Years’