Add a Three-column View to Mail
TMO Quick Tip - Add a Three-column View to Mail
by , 7:30 AM EDT, July 10th, 2006
If your Mac has a wide screen display, Apple's Mail doesn't offer a very efficient way to view your messages. What you really need is a three-column view, which is exactly what Letterbox gives you.
Mail's standard view is fine for smaller displays.
Letterbox is a plug-in for Mail that changes the default column and stacked pane view to a three column view. It works great on my 15-inch PowerBook G4, but looked even better when my friend Ben Willmore showed it to me on his 30-inch Cinema display.
Letterbox lets Mail take advange of your Widescreen display.
Installing the plug-in is a snap. Just double-click the installer, and relaunch Mail when it finishes. The installer includes an uninstall feature, but you can always remove the plug-in yourself: It's hiding in <your home directory>/Library/Mail/Bundles.
Letterbox is free, and available for download at Aaron Harnly's Web site.
if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Sun,11:53 AM
- MGG 607: The Pocket Dial Conspiracy
- Fri,9:47 PM
- The Pros and Cons of a Proprietary Apple Car Charger
- 6:59 PM
- VirnetX Wants to Shut Down FaceTime, but it Won’t Happen
- 5:45 PM
- Star Wars: Force Awakens Soundtrack LPs Will Feature Built-in Holograms—Really
- 5:45 PM
- It Could Happen - Universally Autonomous Cars Could Fail in the Marketplace
- 5:36 PM
- Record Your Mac’s Screen with iShowU Instant: $12
- 1:49 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-27: Apple’s Car Charging Plans, Eddy Cue’s Time Warner Deal
- 11:50 AM
- iPhone SE: Is Less the New More?
- 10:44 AM
- Support for Anti-encryption Laws Crumbles
- Thu,11:02 PM
- HP Envy 34c Curved Display Video Review
- 6:18 PM
- Thinking Differently about Apple Spending Billions to Buy a Big Media Company