Add a Three-column View to Mail
TMO Quick Tip - Add a Three-column View to Mail
by , 7:30 AM EDT, July 10th, 2006
If your Mac has a wide screen display, Apple's Mail doesn't offer a very efficient way to view your messages. What you really need is a three-column view, which is exactly what Letterbox gives you.
Mail's standard view is fine for smaller displays.
Letterbox is a plug-in for Mail that changes the default column and stacked pane view to a three column view. It works great on my 15-inch PowerBook G4, but looked even better when my friend Ben Willmore showed it to me on his 30-inch Cinema display.
Letterbox lets Mail take advange of your Widescreen display.
Installing the plug-in is a snap. Just double-click the installer, and relaunch Mail when it finishes. The installer includes an uninstall feature, but you can always remove the plug-in yourself: It's hiding in <your home directory>/Library/Mail/Bundles.
Letterbox is free, and available for download at Aaron Harnly's Web site.
if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.
- Tue,6:04 PM
- iOS 8 HealthKit-compatible Apps: TMO’s Growing List
- 5:14 PM
- Apple Releases New Printer Drivers for HP and 7 Other Companies
- 4:51 PM
- iOS 8: How to Enable Notification Center Widgets
- 4:40 PM
- iLuv Vyneer Case for iPhone 6: Fashion, Protection and Transparency
- 4:33 PM
- Microsoft Math: Add 1 to Windows 8 and You Get Windows 10?
- 3:38 PM
- Propellerhead Ships Reason 8 with Emphasis on Drag and Drop Workflow
- 2:24 PM
- The Free Mac Developer Toolkit - 4 Dev Apps for Free
- 1:29 PM
- Apple Will Hold Q4 Conference Call on October 20th
- 1:10 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-09-30
- 11:54 AM
- 4 Cool iOS 8 Photo Extension Apps
- 9:33 AM
- EU Ready to Detail Apple Ireland Tax Investigation, not Impose Fines
- 5:23 AM
- Apple Will Launch iPhone 6 in China on October 17th after Assuaging Chinese Security Concerns