Look Up Maps from Address Book
TMO Quick Tip - Look Up Maps from Address Book
by , 7:30 AM EDT, August 7th, 2006
Address Book can hold all kinds of information about your friends, family, and business contacts. If you know where to look, it can even show you maps for a contact's address. Here's how:
- Select a contact in Address Book.
- Click and hold on the heading for the address you want to map. For example, if a contact has both home and work addresses, and you want a map for their house, choose the home heading.
Address Book can look up maps for you.
Address Book checks MapQuest when it looks up a location for you and displays the query results in your default Web browser.
Address Book displays maps in your Web browser.
If you prefer Google Maps instead, there's a free plug-in to help you out. Brian Toth's Google Maps plug-in queries Google Maps instead of MapQuest, looks up driving directions from Google, and even shows locations in Google Earth - assuming it's installed on your Mac.
Get Google Maps from Address Book.
This plug-in works just like the built-in map lookup feature. After it is installed, just click on an address heading to see the new Google-related options.
Displaying a Google Map from Address Book.
The Google Maps plug-in is free, but Mr. Toth will accept donations to help with development. If you find it useful, be sure to send a few dollars his way. You can download the plug-in here.
if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.
- Sat,10:30 AM
- iPhoneography 101: Essential iPhone Camera Apps
- Fri,6:57 PM
- Apple Makes ‘Things for iPad’ Free for a Week
- 6:47 PM
- Judge Approves Apple iBooks $450 Million Antitrust Settlement
- 5:54 PM
- 100 AA and 52 AAA Duracell Batteries for $59.99 [Extended]
- 5:18 PM
- Use a PDF to See How Big Apple Watches Really Are
- 4:45 PM
- Why Every Estimate for Apple Watch Sales in 2015 is Completely Wrong
- 4:30 PM
- ‘Kingdom Rush Origins’ Tower Defender Released for iPhone and iPad
- 1:42 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-11-21
- 11:53 AM
- Google Agrees to Settlement in Rockstar Patent Infringement Fight
- 9:44 AM
- Apple Blocks Outdated Flash Players Over Security Issues [Update]
- 9:00 AM
- iOS 8: Using “Send Last Location”
- Thu,8:05 PM
- SwiftKey Adds Languages in iOS Without App Store Updates