Look Up Maps from Address Book
TMO Quick Tip - Look Up Maps from Address Book
by , 7:30 AM EDT, August 7th, 2006
Address Book can hold all kinds of information about your friends, family, and business contacts. If you know where to look, it can even show you maps for a contact's address. Here's how:
- Select a contact in Address Book.
- Click and hold on the heading for the address you want to map. For example, if a contact has both home and work addresses, and you want a map for their house, choose the home heading.
Address Book can look up maps for you.
Address Book checks MapQuest when it looks up a location for you and displays the query results in your default Web browser.
Address Book displays maps in your Web browser.
If you prefer Google Maps instead, there's a free plug-in to help you out. Brian Toth's Google Maps plug-in queries Google Maps instead of MapQuest, looks up driving directions from Google, and even shows locations in Google Earth - assuming it's installed on your Mac.
Get Google Maps from Address Book.
This plug-in works just like the built-in map lookup feature. After it is installed, just click on an address heading to see the new Google-related options.
Displaying a Google Map from Address Book.
The Google Maps plug-in is free, but Mr. Toth will accept donations to help with development. If you find it useful, be sure to send a few dollars his way. You can download the plug-in here.
if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Tue,7:41 PM
- Bad News, FBI: Apple Hires Security Pro Jon Callas
- 5:30 PM
- How Apple Got Ready For an iPhone With an OLED Display
- 5:09 PM
- Writing the ‘Apple Music Letter’ Was Taylor Swift’s Bravest Thing She’s Done
- 4:46 PM
- ZeroLemon 64GB iMemStick: $79.99
- 1:31 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-24: New MacBook Pros this Fall, Spotify’s New Pricing
- 11:41 AM
- No New MacBook Pro Until Fall, but it’ll be Really Cool
- 10:25 AM
- Star Wars as an Infographic is Fantastically Awesome
- 9:15 AM
- El Capitan: Adjust Safari’s Reader Settings
- 8:00 AM
- Rob Enderle Calls Apple ‘Desperate’
- Mon,8:40 PM
- Dubious Study Says Fitbit Sucks at Heart Rate Tracking
- 6:16 PM
- Chance the Rapper Sounds the Changing of the Guard on Apple Music and Streaming