Finding Keyboard Shortcuts the Easy Way
TMO Quick Tip - Finding Keyboard Shortcuts the Easy Way
by , 7:30 AM EDT, September 6th, 2006
Using keyboard shortcuts in Mac OS X can enhance your productivity, but learning the time savers can be a tedious process. With a little help from xCuts, you'll be learning new keyboard combos in no time.
xCuts is a Dashboard widget that links to an online database loaded with Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts. The widget groups shortcuts so they are easier to find, includes a search field, and even includes a section that compares Mac OS X shortcuts to Windows shortcuts - a real time saver for switchers.
xCuts groups keyboard shortcuts so they are easier to find.
Since xCuts links to a database that the kind people at Musings from Mars maintain, you'll need an Internet connection to use the widget. The upside is that the database can be updated without requiring you to download a new version of the widget.
xCuts 1.1 is free, and you can download it at the Musings from Mars Web site.
if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.
- Thu,12:35 PM
- Apple Releases OS X Yosemite Public Beta
- 11:39 AM
- Apple, Visa Deal Could Make iPhone 6 Your Next Wallet
- 10:25 AM
- Canaccord: Get Ready for Big iPhone 6 Sales
- 8:57 AM
- Swatch: We Aren’t Making Apple’s iWatch
- Wed,7:35 PM
- ACM 264: Diving Deep into Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited
- 6:10 PM
- Apple Granted ‘iTime’ Patent for Wearable Mobile Electronic Device (Plus Wristband)
- 4:10 PM
- UAG Scout iPad Air Case Offers Full Protection
- 3:30 PM
- How to Upgrade Your Mac to Python 3
- 3:09 PM
- 8 UI Kits For iOS 8: $24.99
- 1:27 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-23
- 10:52 AM
- OS X Yosemite Public Beta Coming July 24
- 9:40 AM
- Wells Fargo: AAPL Q3 was Meh, but the Future Looks Bright