Finding Keyboard Shortcuts the Easy Way
TMO Quick Tip - Finding Keyboard Shortcuts the Easy Way
by , 7:30 AM EDT, September 6th, 2006
Using keyboard shortcuts in Mac OS X can enhance your productivity, but learning the time savers can be a tedious process. With a little help from xCuts, you'll be learning new keyboard combos in no time.
xCuts is a Dashboard widget that links to an online database loaded with Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts. The widget groups shortcuts so they are easier to find, includes a search field, and even includes a section that compares Mac OS X shortcuts to Windows shortcuts - a real time saver for switchers.
xCuts groups keyboard shortcuts so they are easier to find.
Since xCuts links to a database that the kind people at Musings from Mars maintain, you'll need an Internet connection to use the widget. The upside is that the database can be updated without requiring you to download a new version of the widget.
xCuts 1.1 is free, and you can download it at the Musings from Mars Web site.
if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.
- Sat,10:30 AM
- IiPhoneography 101: Tripods for Your iPhone
- Fri,8:54 PM
- Apple Death Knell #68: Apple’s Stock Will Collapse Because iPhone Is Too Important
- 7:32 PM
- Last Chance: Pay What You Want for the Learn to Design Bundle
- 4:30 PM
- What to Expect During Apple’s March 9 Media Event
- 1:09 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-02-27: Apple Watch Media Event Smackdown
- 11:20 AM
- Ericsson Sues Apple after Failing to Reach Patent License Agreement
- 10:01 AM
- Analyst: Apple Watch Edition to Cost $950
- 8:55 AM
- QuickTime & Yosemite: Recording Your iPhone or iPad Screen with iOS 8
- Thu,8:36 PM
- Apple Opens iWork for iCloud to Everyone
- 7:53 PM
- This Is Why You Should Set Up Philips Hue LED Smartbulbs
- 7:15 PM
- Apple Rumored to Bring Touch ID to Macs
- 4:40 PM
- Last Chance To Save 55% On The Code Black HD Camera Drone