Finding Keyboard Shortcuts the Easy Way
TMO Quick Tip - Finding Keyboard Shortcuts the Easy Way
by , 7:30 AM EDT, September 6th, 2006
Using keyboard shortcuts in Mac OS X can enhance your productivity, but learning the time savers can be a tedious process. With a little help from xCuts, you'll be learning new keyboard combos in no time.
xCuts is a Dashboard widget that links to an online database loaded with Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts. The widget groups shortcuts so they are easier to find, includes a search field, and even includes a section that compares Mac OS X shortcuts to Windows shortcuts - a real time saver for switchers.
xCuts groups keyboard shortcuts so they are easier to find.
Since xCuts links to a database that the kind people at Musings from Mars maintain, you'll need an Internet connection to use the widget. The upside is that the database can be updated without requiring you to download a new version of the widget.
xCuts 1.1 is free, and you can download it at the Musings from Mars Web site.
if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,7:26 PM
- $100 off iPad mini 4 for Black Friday
- 7:11 PM
- iPad mini 2 for $199 at Walmart for Black Friday
- 6:18 PM
- $100 and $125 off iPad Air 2 for Black Friday from Best Buy
- 5:23 PM
- 20% iTunes Cards from Best Buy Back on for Black Friday
- 5:15 PM
- 20% Off iTunes Cards from Ebay/PayPal
- 8:03 AM
- Black Friday Blowout 15% Discount on TMO Deals
- Thu,10:32 AM
- Happy Thanksgiving from The Mac Observer!
- Wed,7:53 PM
- Awaken the Force with these Free Star Wars Apps
- 5:28 PM
- How to Pair Bluetooth Headphones with Your Apple TV
- 4:40 PM
- Pay What You Want for the Learn to Code Bundle
- 4:27 PM
- ACM 334: Apple’s Mac Pro vs. The Devil’s Advocate