Fine-tuning Mac Keyboard Illumination
TMO Quick Tip - Fine-tuning Mac Keyboard Illumination
by , 7:30 AM EDT, September 22nd, 2006
One of the great features of the PowerBook G4 and macBook Pro is the built-in keyboard backlighting. The illumination allows you to work in low light conditions - like on an airplane - without having to hunt-and-peck to find specific keys. If you want more control over the backlighting than the F8, F9, and F10 keys give you, try out Alexander Repty's Lab Tick.
Controlling your keyboard brightness from the menu bar.
Lab Tick adds a menu bar item that lets you control your keyboard's brightness with a slider, and also lets you lock the brightness exactly where you want it so that Mac OS X can't change the settings. If the brightness level isn't locked, your Mac will try to change the keyboard illumination level depending on how bright or dark it is where you are working.
Lab Tick lets you lock in a brightness level.
Lab Tick is still in development, so there is a chance that it may not work correctly on your Mac, or that it will break when Apple updates firmware or Mac OS X.
You can download Lab Tick for free at Alexander Repty's Web site. By the way, it's also a Universal Binary application, so it runs natively on PowerPC and Intel-based Macs... What more could you ask for?
if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.[This article has been updated to show the correct software author's name.]
- Wed,8:45 AM
- iOS 7: Preventing Unauthorized Purchases
- Tue,11:02 PM
- Apple Possibly Leaked New Mac mini Models
- 8:57 PM
- Ford Ditching BlackBerry for iPhone for Global Corporate Use
- 6:04 PM
- ‘Window Plug’ Portable Solar Charger Concept Design
- 4:19 PM
- MotionArtist for Mac: $9
- 2:10 PM
- OS X Yosemite: How to Trek into Dark Mode
- 1:45 PM
- Apple Retail Out Almost $310K in Scam, Suspect Arrested in Florida
- 1:12 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-29
- 11:14 AM
- Apple TV Adds Fox Now, CNBC Channels
- 9:55 AM
- Apple Drops Samsung Patent Appeal, Ends Injunction Push
- 8:46 AM
- Retina MacBook Pro gets Faster Processors, More RAM
- Mon,10:20 PM
- Beats Music Adds More User Controls to iOS App, Including ‘Tune Your Taste’