Fine-tuning Mac Keyboard Illumination
TMO Quick Tip - Fine-tuning Mac Keyboard Illumination
by , 7:30 AM EDT, September 22nd, 2006
One of the great features of the PowerBook G4 and macBook Pro is the built-in keyboard backlighting. The illumination allows you to work in low light conditions - like on an airplane - without having to hunt-and-peck to find specific keys. If you want more control over the backlighting than the F8, F9, and F10 keys give you, try out Alexander Repty's Lab Tick.
Controlling your keyboard brightness from the menu bar.
Lab Tick adds a menu bar item that lets you control your keyboard's brightness with a slider, and also lets you lock the brightness exactly where you want it so that Mac OS X can't change the settings. If the brightness level isn't locked, your Mac will try to change the keyboard illumination level depending on how bright or dark it is where you are working.
Lab Tick lets you lock in a brightness level.
Lab Tick is still in development, so there is a chance that it may not work correctly on your Mac, or that it will break when Apple updates firmware or Mac OS X.
You can download Lab Tick for free at Alexander Repty's Web site. By the way, it's also a Universal Binary application, so it runs natively on PowerPC and Intel-based Macs... What more could you ask for?
if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.[This article has been updated to show the correct software author's name.]
- Thu,7:17 PM
- Meijer, the CurrenctC/MCX Member Who Refuses to Block Apple Pay
- 6:36 PM
- Get Free Bitcoins with 52 Website Faucets that Really Pay [Update]
- 5:17 PM
- Last Chance for The Bluetooth Shower Speaker: $39
- 5:09 PM
- CES Rebrands iLounge Pavilion as iProducts, Hopes to Attract Macworld Expo Exhibitors
- 2:13 PM
- Apple Reverses PCalc Decision; App and Widget Can Stay
- 1:29 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-30
- 11:36 AM
- Microsoft Joins the Fitness Tracking Game with Fitness Band
- 9:52 AM
- Tim Cook’s Gay Coming Out is a Big Deal for Equal Rights
- Wed,9:37 PM
- MCX Holds Press Conference, Does Itself No Favors
- 7:30 PM
- ACM 278: Apple is the New Microsoft and Thinking Differently about iPhone
- 6:43 PM
- Apple: Widgets Can’t Calculate, Orders Featured Calculator Widget Removed
- 4:00 PM
- The 3 Unexpected Consequences of Apple Pay Will be Huge