Fine-tuning Mac Keyboard Illumination
TMO Quick Tip - Fine-tuning Mac Keyboard Illumination
by , 7:30 AM EDT, September 22nd, 2006
One of the great features of the PowerBook G4 and macBook Pro is the built-in keyboard backlighting. The illumination allows you to work in low light conditions - like on an airplane - without having to hunt-and-peck to find specific keys. If you want more control over the backlighting than the F8, F9, and F10 keys give you, try out Alexander Repty's Lab Tick.
Controlling your keyboard brightness from the menu bar.
Lab Tick adds a menu bar item that lets you control your keyboard's brightness with a slider, and also lets you lock the brightness exactly where you want it so that Mac OS X can't change the settings. If the brightness level isn't locked, your Mac will try to change the keyboard illumination level depending on how bright or dark it is where you are working.
Lab Tick lets you lock in a brightness level.
Lab Tick is still in development, so there is a chance that it may not work correctly on your Mac, or that it will break when Apple updates firmware or Mac OS X.
You can download Lab Tick for free at Alexander Repty's Web site. By the way, it's also a Universal Binary application, so it runs natively on PowerPC and Intel-based Macs... What more could you ask for?
if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.[This article has been updated to show the correct software author's name.]
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Mon,8:25 PM
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Congrats Denver Broncos with Tweet
- 8:15 PM
- Firewatch Release on February 9th for Mac, Windows, Linux, PlayStation 4
- 7:53 PM
- Intego Warns of Fake Flash Update that Installs Scareware
- 5:30 PM
- Infographic for Spotting Fake Apple Watches
- 5:00 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview with The Wirecutter’s Editor at Large Glenn Fleishman
- 4:34 PM
- AppDelete Uninstaller for Mac: $4
- 2:33 PM
- Apple Files for Mistrial in VirnetX Patent Infringement Case
- 1:19 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-02-08: Apple’s Error 53, Future Apple Watch Sensors
- 11:05 AM
- Apple Quietly Rolls Out 2013 Mac Pro Video Repair Program
- 10:16 AM
- Apple: Error 53 is About Security, not Bricking iPhones
- Sun,4:17 PM
- MGG 591: If You Had a JBOD Would You Hold It Against Us?