Using Keywords in iPhoto
TMO Quick Tip - Using Keywords in iPhoto
by , 7:30 AM EDT, March 16th, 2007
Keywords are a great way to help keep all of the picture you store in iPhoto organized. You can quickly narrow down a long list of images to just what you want - as long as you remember to assign keywords ahead of time. Here's how:
- Click the keyword button in the lower left corner of the iPhoto window. That displays your keyword list.
- Drag images from your iPhoto library onto a keyword. Dragging the same images onto another keyword lets you assign multiple keywords to those pictures.
Dragging photos onto keywords links them together.
To view images based on keywords do this:
- Select your iPhoto library or an album from the Source list.
- Click the keyword button if your keywords aren't visible.
- Click a keyword, or Shift-click multiple keywords to display the associated images. Clicking a highlighted keyword deselects it.
Select a keyword to view the associated images.
If the default keyword list doesn't suit your needs, go ahead and change it.
- Choose iPhoto > Preferences.
- Select the Keywords tab.
- Click the plus button to add new keywords. To remove a keyword, select it, and then click the minus button.
Add, delete, and rename keywords in iPhoto's preferences.
iPhoto's keyword feature is just fine for some, but there are a lot of people that feel there's plenty of room for improvement. If that's you, check back on Monday when I talk about the iPhoto plug-in Keyword Assistant.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.
- Wed,4:11 PM
- Waterfield Spinn Pouch Case for iPhone 6/6 Plus: Excellence in Leather
- 3:40 PM
- ‘Someone’ Targets Hong Kong Protesters Using Jailbroken iPhones with Malware
- 2:55 PM
- iOS 8: Make Cellular Phone Calls from Your iPad Using Handoff
- 2:01 PM
- New Aerial Shot Shows Apple Campus Construction Underway
- 1:40 PM
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Dr. Mac’s Final Showdown
- 1:23 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-01
- 11:02 AM
- Report Claims Gold iPad Coming Soon
- 10:31 AM
- Evercore Raises AAPL Target on Strong iPhone 6 Demand
- 10:03 AM
- Apple Tells Developers to Submit their OS X Yosemite-compatible Apps
- 9:18 AM
- iTunes Store Adds City of Hope Donation Page for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- 8:40 AM
- iOS 8: Requesting the Desktop Version of Websites
- 12:37 AM
- Apple Reduces Screen Size in Apple Watch Video to Match Website