Using Keywords in iPhoto
TMO Quick Tip - Using Keywords in iPhoto
by , 7:30 AM EDT, March 16th, 2007
Keywords are a great way to help keep all of the picture you store in iPhoto organized. You can quickly narrow down a long list of images to just what you want - as long as you remember to assign keywords ahead of time. Here's how:
- Click the keyword button in the lower left corner of the iPhoto window. That displays your keyword list.
- Drag images from your iPhoto library onto a keyword. Dragging the same images onto another keyword lets you assign multiple keywords to those pictures.
Dragging photos onto keywords links them together.
To view images based on keywords do this:
- Select your iPhoto library or an album from the Source list.
- Click the keyword button if your keywords aren't visible.
- Click a keyword, or Shift-click multiple keywords to display the associated images. Clicking a highlighted keyword deselects it.
Select a keyword to view the associated images.
If the default keyword list doesn't suit your needs, go ahead and change it.
- Choose iPhoto > Preferences.
- Select the Keywords tab.
- Click the plus button to add new keywords. To remove a keyword, select it, and then click the minus button.
Add, delete, and rename keywords in iPhoto's preferences.
iPhoto's keyword feature is just fine for some, but there are a lot of people that feel there's plenty of room for improvement. If that's you, check back on Monday when I talk about the iPhoto plug-in Keyword Assistant.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.
- Fri,8:30 PM
- Silicon Valley Sources Refute Elon Musk Claims about Apple
- 6:08 PM
- Two Minute Clip from Steve Jobs Film where Woz Asks Steve What He Does (Video)
- 5:52 PM
- Dark Castle and System 6 Emulator in Your Browser
- 5:31 PM
- Skybell Wi-Fi Doorbell: $149
- 5:15 PM
- Tesla’s Elon Musk Rant at Apple Means He’s on to Something Scary
- 1:57 PM
- AT&T Limits Wi-Fi Calling to iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s
- 1:38 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-10-09: Tesla Bags on Apple, AT&T’s Wi-Fi Calling
- 10:06 AM
- Elon Musk: Can’t Cut it at Tesla? Go Work for Apple
- 8:55 AM
- El Capitan: Hide Your Menu Bar!
- Thu,9:10 PM
- Apple on iPhone Battery Performance: You’re Measuring It Wrong
- 6:56 PM
- The Big Mac Bundle: $17.99
- 6:00 PM
- The Two Sides of Apple: Brilliance and Ennui