Using Keywords in iPhoto
TMO Quick Tip - Using Keywords in iPhoto
by , 7:30 AM EDT, March 16th, 2007
Keywords are a great way to help keep all of the picture you store in iPhoto organized. You can quickly narrow down a long list of images to just what you want - as long as you remember to assign keywords ahead of time. Here's how:
- Click the keyword button in the lower left corner of the iPhoto window. That displays your keyword list.
- Drag images from your iPhoto library onto a keyword. Dragging the same images onto another keyword lets you assign multiple keywords to those pictures.
Dragging photos onto keywords links them together.
To view images based on keywords do this:
- Select your iPhoto library or an album from the Source list.
- Click the keyword button if your keywords aren't visible.
- Click a keyword, or Shift-click multiple keywords to display the associated images. Clicking a highlighted keyword deselects it.
Select a keyword to view the associated images.
If the default keyword list doesn't suit your needs, go ahead and change it.
- Choose iPhoto > Preferences.
- Select the Keywords tab.
- Click the plus button to add new keywords. To remove a keyword, select it, and then click the minus button.
Add, delete, and rename keywords in iPhoto's preferences.
iPhoto's keyword feature is just fine for some, but there are a lot of people that feel there's plenty of room for improvement. If that's you, check back on Monday when I talk about the iPhoto plug-in Keyword Assistant.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.
- Fri,5:07 PM
- New Uses For Old Power Macs
- 5:02 PM
- Apple Pay is Soaring While Competitors Crash and Burn
- 1:47 PM
- The Camera Lens Mug: $19.99
- 1:19 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-24
- 11:10 AM
- Apple, Nike Teaming Up on Wearable Tech Project
- 9:37 AM
- Kickstarter Project: Mouse Guard LEGO Mini Figures
- 8:48 AM
- OS X Yosemite: Handing Calls Off to Your iPhone
- Thu,8:46 PM
- Yosemite: How To Fix Safari’s Address Bar
- 7:32 PM
- If Microsoft Made a Smart Watch…
- 5:45 PM
- X-Doria Folio Case for iPhone 6: Awkward by Nature
- 5:30 PM
- ACM 277: Apple Pay, Apple Designs, and iPad as a Laptop Replacement
- 4:34 PM
- Learn Apple’s Swift Programming Language for $19