CS3 Installation for Photoshop Beta Users
TMO Quick Tip - CS3 Installation for Photoshop Beta Users
by , 7:30 AM EDT, April 18th, 2007
Adobe did Intel-based Mac users a favor by releasing a public beta of Photoshop CS3. For those of us that have dealt with Adobe beta software in the past, we all knew you need to uninstall the beta software before installing the real thing, otherwise the installation will most likely fail. Unfortunately, that little bit of information wasn't clear to many first time beta users.
Here's how to uninstall Photoshop CS3 beta:
- Launch the Adobe Creative Suite Installer. It's in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers.
- Select Remove Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium Components.
- Click Next.
- Make sure that Photoshop CS3 and any other CS3-related components are checked.
- Click Next.
- The installer shows a summary of components that are going to be uninstalled. Continue on to complete the uninstall process.
Choose Remove to uninstall Photoshop CS3.
My installer window may look a little different from yours because I have the full Creative Suite installed.
Make sure Photoshop CS3 is selected. Since I have the entire CS3 beta suite installed, I have everything selected.
Once the installer finishes removing the Photoshop CS3 beta components you can safely install the shipping version of Photoshop or the complete Creative Suite 3 package.
If, however, the uninstallation process fails, you may have to resort to Adobe's CS3Clean Script application. It is more aggressive, and is designed to remove all traces of Adobe applications - although in my experience, no application fully removes everything Adobe installs. The only exception I have found so far is Apple's Disk Utility and its Format option, which has the unfortunate side effect of deleting all of the data, applications, and Mac OS X from your hard drive.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.
- Sat, 9:02 PM
- 3 Free iOS Apps To Unleash the Music In You
- 10:30 AM
- Yet Another 25 Tips for Mastering iPhone Photography
- Fri, 7:25 PM
- Look Out Apple Haters, Android’s Monopoly on Large Screens Will End
- 5:20 PM
- Why Apple Didn’t Try to Copy Google Glass
- 4:30 PM
- Menu Bars Of The Stars
- 4:12 PM
- How to Streamline System Preferences on Your Mac
- 2:56 PM
- Microsoft Pilot Program Allows Developers to Respond to App Reviews
- 1:15 PM
- Tavik’s Zippered Folio Case for iPad Air is Built for Travel
- 1:13 PM
- Apple Maps Misses Your Coffee Shop, but Finds Loch Ness Monster
- 12:55 PM
- Online Privacy: Track Which Apps Access Your Personal Information
- 10:56 AM
- Judge Denies Rockstar Consortium’s Bid to Move Google Patent Fight to Troll Town
- 9:25 AM
- Dropbox gets Deeper into Photo Management with Loom Purchase