Mail: Drag-and-drop Attachments
TMO Quick Tip - Mail: Drag-and-drop Attachments
by , 7:30 AM EDT, May 16th, 2007
Including attachments in emails is pretty standard fare, and most people are already aware that you can add an attachment to a message in Apple's Mail application by dragging files into a new message window. What comes as news to some is that you don't have to make a new message first.
Drag a file on the Mail icon...
You can save a step by simply dragging the file you want send onto the Mail icon. Mail will automatically create a new message for you with the file attached, ready to be addressed and sent on its way.
...to make an email message with attachment.
I use this trick all the time. The Mail icon lives in my Dock, so I always have quick access to it - and if Mail isn't running, it will automatically launch when I drag a file on its icon.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.
- Thu,10:28 AM
- Reports Claim 12-inch iPad to Copy Microsoft Surface Tablet, Shipping in September
- 9:07 AM
- Apple, HBO Look to Bring HBO Now Streaming Service to Apple TV
- Wed,8:50 PM
- Decades-Old Legacy Encryption Found in iOS, OS X, Android - Apple Says Fix Is Coming
- 7:30 PM
- ACM 296: Apple’s Spending Restraint, Disconnected Analysts, and Google’s Cell Service
- 7:23 PM
- Pay What You Want: Front-End Developer Bundle
- 4:40 PM
- Intuit Hoses Quicken (Mac) Users…Again
- 4:40 PM
- Q Card Case for iPhone 6 Plus Uses Credit Card Slot as Kickstand
- 3:56 PM
- Apple Will Reportedly Announce MacBook Air with Retina Display on March 9th
- 3:30 PM
- Why Some Observers Think Apple Watch Won’t Succeed
- 11:38 AM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-03-04: Apple’s Pro-worker Stance in Silicon Valley
- 10:44 AM
- Apple’s Security Contractors are about to Become Employees
- 9:36 AM
- Apple Working on Settlement with A123 after Hiring Battery Employees