Ready-made Macworld Expo iCal Schedules
TMO Quick Tip - Ready-made Macworld Expo iCal Schedules
by , 7:30 AM EST, January 9th, 2008
Macworld Expo 2008 starts next Monday on January 14 which means we are only days away from exciting announcements, reunions with old friends, and crazy schedules. There's so much to do that it can be easy to forget to add something to your calendar, so pixelography.com's Rock Norris took on the unenviable task of creating iCal schedules for everything at this year's event.
Rock took the time to create a series of iCal calendars you can subscribe to that are all broken down into categories. For example, if you attending the MacIT sessions or the Market Symposiums, there are specific calendars for each.
To subscribe to any of the Macworld Expo 2008 calendars, just point your Web browser to the pixelography.com Web site and scroll down to the "For those who are about to Mac... I salute you!" entry. Next, click on the links for the calendars you want to subscribe to.
iCal will display a confirmation dialog before adding the calendar to your schedule. Click OK to update your schedule with the events. Once those events are part of iCal, you'll find they are loaded with all kinds of useful -- and searchable -- nuggets including speaker names, Moscone room numbers, vendor booth information, and more.
iCal confirms that you really do want to subscribe to a calendar.
You can also find several iCal event calendars at the Macworld Expo Web site. Every event that includes a calendar entry also displays a link that says "Download this program to iCal." If clicking the link doesn't automatically take you to iCal, it probably downloaded a file to your Mac with a name similar to "sbphotoshop.ics." Just double click that file to add the entry to iCal.
The Macworld Expo Web site includes iCal calendars, too.
Of course, you can always add events to iCal yourself to build your schedule, but thanks to the hard work of people like Rock Norris, you can flesh out your days with a simple mouse click or two.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Thu,10:32 AM
- Happy Thanksgiving from The Mac Observer!
- Wed,7:53 PM
- Awaken the Force with these Free Star Wars Apps
- 5:28 PM
- How to Pair Bluetooth Headphones with Your Apple TV
- 4:40 PM
- Pay What You Want for the Learn to Code Bundle
- 4:27 PM
- ACM 334: Apple’s Mac Pro vs. The Devil’s Advocate
- 4:20 PM
- Apple is Doing Something That Could Accidentally Torpedo the iPad Pro
- 2:08 PM
- Sponsor: New MacX DVD Ripper Pro Giveaway
- 1:40 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-11-25: Apple’s Plans for Faceshift
- 1:32 PM
- Apple Commercial: Someday At Christmas - Stevie Wonder + Andra Day (Video)
- 9:58 AM
- Apple Buys Star Wars-related Facial Recognition Company Faceshift
- 9:01 AM
- iOS 9: Using Mail Markup with Photos