Quick Tabs in Safari 3.1
TMO Quick Tip - Quick Tabs in Safari 3.1
by , 7:30 AM EDT, April 2nd, 2008
Tabbed browsing can save lots of Desktop space if you like to keep several Web browser windows open at the same time. Safari makes it easy to make new browser tabs with its Command-T keyboard shortcut, but if you are using Safari 3.1, you can Double-click to create new tabs, too.
If Safari's Tab Bar isn't visible, just choose View > Show Tab Bar.
Show Tab Bar displays Safari's Tab Bar.
To create a new Safari tab with your mouse, just Double-click in the Tab Bar. Safari will create a new tab and automatically select it as your active browser window.
Double-click the Tab Bar to add a new browser tab.
Keyboard shortcuts certainly do make it easy to quickly perform tasks in Safari, like creating new browser tabs, but sometimes it can be even faster to create those tabs if you don't have to take your hand off your mouse to move to your keyboard. Double-click tabs is a feature that Firefox has been offering, so it's nice to see it finally show up in Safari, too.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.
- Thu,8:25 PM
- iOS 8: How to-Enable Safari Extensions
- 6:00 PM
- iOS 8 In-Depth Review: Apple Opens Mobile OS to Developers, You Win
- 5:45 PM
- iOS 8: Apple Finally Fixes its iPhone Weather App
- 5:09 PM
- 5th Ave Apple Store iPhone 6 Campout Stretches 3 Blocks
- 3:30 PM
- iOS 8: Quickly Access Your Favorite Contacts with Home Button
- 2:15 PM
- How to Install and Activate Third-Party Keyboards in iOS 8
- 1:47 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-09-18
- 11:11 AM
- Analyst: iPhone 6 Launch Weekend Sales to Fall Short, No Big Deal
- 10:04 AM
- iOS 8: Taking Full Advantage of Interactive Notifications
- 9:22 AM
- Apple TV Gets Beats Channel, Family Sharing
- 8:42 AM
- iOS 8: See What’s Eating Your Battery
- Wed,8:10 PM
- Apple Releases Mavericks OS X 10.9.5 with Improvements to VPN and SMB Servers