Quick Tabs in Safari 3.1
TMO Quick Tip - Quick Tabs in Safari 3.1
by , 7:30 AM EDT, April 2nd, 2008
Tabbed browsing can save lots of Desktop space if you like to keep several Web browser windows open at the same time. Safari makes it easy to make new browser tabs with its Command-T keyboard shortcut, but if you are using Safari 3.1, you can Double-click to create new tabs, too.
If Safari's Tab Bar isn't visible, just choose View > Show Tab Bar.
Show Tab Bar displays Safari's Tab Bar.
To create a new Safari tab with your mouse, just Double-click in the Tab Bar. Safari will create a new tab and automatically select it as your active browser window.
Double-click the Tab Bar to add a new browser tab.
Keyboard shortcuts certainly do make it easy to quickly perform tasks in Safari, like creating new browser tabs, but sometimes it can be even faster to create those tabs if you don't have to take your hand off your mouse to move to your keyboard. Double-click tabs is a feature that Firefox has been offering, so it's nice to see it finally show up in Safari, too.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.
- Wed,3:00 PM
- OS X Yosemite: The Quintessential Review
- 1:25 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-22
- 10:55 AM
- AT&T Wireless Offers iPad Air 2, mini 3 for $100 off
- 9:55 AM
- Apple Launches Maps Connect, Allows Users To Update Info
- Tue,8:51 PM
- GTAT Announces ‘Amicable Parting’ of Ways with Apple
- 6:50 PM
- How I Came to Own and Sell a TAM Probably Owned by Jony Ive
- 5:01 PM
- Adobe KnowHow: Learn Photography From The Best for $29.99
- 4:49 PM
- How To Get Ready For iOS 8.1 [Update]
- 2:59 PM
- Chuck La Tournous and Chris Breen to Speak at NJMUG’s 30th Anniversary Tuesday
- 2:24 PM
- Don’t Upgrade to Yosemite or iOS 8.1 Before You Read This Column
- 2:06 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-21
- 12:29 PM
- How Apple Pay Mitigates Breach Fatigue