TMO Quick Tip - Quick Look: View Multiple Images
by , 7:30 AM EDT, May 7th, 2008
Leopard's Quick Look feature is great for checking out images without having to launch any application first, and it's also great for checking out multiple images at the same time.
Quick Look is also available from the contextual menu.
To view more than one picture at a time with Quick Look, do this:
- Select the images you want to see, and then press Space, Control-click on the image group and choose Quick Look x Items (x is the number of items you selected). Since I selected nine pictures, I'll see Quick Look 9 Items.
- You'll see only one image in the Quick Look window at first, so click the Index Sheet button at the bottom of the window to see all of the pictures at the same time.
Click the Index Sheet button to see all of the images.
Quick Look's Index Sheet view.
This is an easy and fast way to view several pictures at once since you don't have to launch other applications like Preview or Photoshop to see your digital gems.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.
- Thu,6:15 PM
- Patriot Ready With a USB-C Flash Drive for Apple’s MacBook
- 5:20 PM
- Apple Committed to ‘Cleaning Up’ Apple Music
- 5:05 PM
- Retailer Screws Up, Shows Off HomeKit Compatible Hue Bridge Early
- 3:10 PM
- Last Chance to Pay What You Want for the Mac Power User Bundle
- 1:49 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-09-03: Apple TV’s Missing Universal Search
- 12:03 PM
- Apple TV Needs Universal Search
- 10:52 AM
- Having Your Own Star Wars BB-8 Droid Really is That Cool
- 9:37 AM
- Judge Koh Slams Attorney Fees in Apple Anti-poaching Settlement
- Wed,10:20 PM
- ACM 322: Apple’s TV Shows, Ian Rogers’ New Job, iPhone Jailbreaking
- 5:30 PM
- Frozen: How to Force Quit an OS X App Showing a Spinning Beachball of Death
- 4:40 PM
- Making the Case for the iPod Touch
- 4:25 PM
- Dr. Mac Presents: Smart Option Key Tricks