TMO Quick Tip - Quick Look: View Multiple Images
by , 7:30 AM EDT, May 7th, 2008
Leopard's Quick Look feature is great for checking out images without having to launch any application first, and it's also great for checking out multiple images at the same time.
Quick Look is also available from the contextual menu.
To view more than one picture at a time with Quick Look, do this:
- Select the images you want to see, and then press Space, Control-click on the image group and choose Quick Look x Items (x is the number of items you selected). Since I selected nine pictures, I'll see Quick Look 9 Items.
- You'll see only one image in the Quick Look window at first, so click the Index Sheet button at the bottom of the window to see all of the pictures at the same time.
Click the Index Sheet button to see all of the images.
Quick Look's Index Sheet view.
This is an easy and fast way to view several pictures at once since you don't have to launch other applications like Preview or Photoshop to see your digital gems.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.
- Thu,8:05 PM
- SwiftKey Adds Languages in iOS Without App Store Updates
- 7:53 PM
- Apple Reportedly Plans Cheaper Beats Music in iOS in 2015
- 6:54 PM
- Apple Offers Current and Past National Book Award Winners Starting at $4.99
- 6:25 PM
- Apple Changes App Store ‘Free’ Button to ‘Get’
- 5:30 PM
- Create Holiday and Other Calendar Subscriptions in OS X and iOS 8
- 5:05 PM
- Doxie Go Portable Scanner: $139
- 3:14 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-11-20
- 11:14 AM
- Goodbye iTunes, WALTR Uploads any Media File to your iPhone and iPad
- 9:34 AM
- Apple: GTAT Couldn’t Make Usable Sapphire, Mismanaged Production
- Wed,10:46 PM
- DOJ Warns Apple that iOS Encryption Could Kill Children
- 8:36 PM
- ACM 281: Microsoft’s Clouded Vision, Apple Watch SDK, and Protecting Our Privacy
- 5:04 PM
- Public Betas: BusyContacts and PartySnapper Need Your Help