TMO Quick Tip - iCal: Quick-change Calendars
by , 7:30 AM EDT, June 16th, 2008
Moving an event from one calendar to another in Leopard's iCal can be a real pain now that Apple decided we didn't need the Info drawer any more. You could double-click an event to open it in the Event Editor, but there is an easier and faster way to change an event's calendar: Drag-and-drop.
Select the event you want to assign to a different calendar...
Just select the event you want to switch to a different calendar, and then drag it onto the appropriate calendar in the Calendar list. Your appointment will automatically reassign itself to the new category.
...and drag it onto the appropriate calendar.
I use this trick to move events to different calendars because it takes far less time that using the Event Editor, and it's far less annoying, too.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.
- Thu,9:10 PM
- Apple on iPhone Battery Performance: You’re Measuring It Wrong
- 6:56 PM
- The Big Mac Bundle: $17.99
- 6:00 PM
- The Two Sides of Apple: Brilliance and Ennui
- 2:28 PM
- AT&T Fires Up Wi-Fi Calling Support
- 1:42 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-10-08: Samsung vs. TSMC iPhone Chips, Lightroom for iPad
- 11:36 AM
- NASA’s Apollo Mission Photos Free on Flickr
- 10:33 AM
- Adobe Sets Lightroom for iPhone, iPad Free from Creative Cloud
- 9:14 AM
- Harry Potter Comes to Apple’s iBook Store with Enhanced Editions
- Wed,10:30 PM
- ACM 327: Competing with Google Now, Apple’s Other New Campus, iPad Pro for Artists
- 5:41 PM
- Pay What You Want for the WordPress Wizard Bundle
- 1:56 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-10-07: AT&T Wi-Fi Calling, Apple TV and Vidity
- 11:50 AM
- Read This Before You Install El Capitan