TMO Quick Tip - iCal: Quick-change Calendars
by , 7:30 AM EDT, June 16th, 2008
Moving an event from one calendar to another in Leopard's iCal can be a real pain now that Apple decided we didn't need the Info drawer any more. You could double-click an event to open it in the Event Editor, but there is an easier and faster way to change an event's calendar: Drag-and-drop.
Select the event you want to assign to a different calendar...
Just select the event you want to switch to a different calendar, and then drag it onto the appropriate calendar in the Calendar list. Your appointment will automatically reassign itself to the new category.
...and drag it onto the appropriate calendar.
I use this trick to move events to different calendars because it takes far less time that using the Event Editor, and it's far less annoying, too.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.
- Thu,2:14 PM
- Apple’s Quarterly Revenue vs. 15 Really Big Numbers
- 2:13 PM
- China Demands Back Door into Computers, Software
- 1:24 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-01-29: FCC’s Personal Hotspot Protection, China’s Tech Back Door Demands
- 11:09 AM
- FCC Says Hotels Can’t Block Personal Hotspots
- 9:27 AM
- Apple Remembers Remote Desktop Exists, Releases Yosemite Update
- 8:51 AM
- Pages 5: Using Borders and Rules
- Wed,7:40 PM
- ACM 291: Apple’s Massive Numbers and the Rosetta Stone for Apple Timing
- 5:30 PM
- One Way Apple Could Help Us Find Apple Pay Locations
- 3:47 PM
- Aaron Sorkin’s Steve Jobs Movie Starts Filming with Michael Fassbender as Jobs
- 2:45 PM
- Revogi Smart Color Bluetooth LED Bulb: $34.99
- 1:20 PM
- My Love/Hate Relationship with Apple’s Handoff and Continuity
- 1:17 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-01-28: AAPL Q1 2015 Earnings, YouTube Dumps Flash