TMO Quick Tip - iCal: Quick-change Calendars
by , 7:30 AM EDT, June 16th, 2008
Moving an event from one calendar to another in Leopard's iCal can be a real pain now that Apple decided we didn't need the Info drawer any more. You could double-click an event to open it in the Event Editor, but there is an easier and faster way to change an event's calendar: Drag-and-drop.
Select the event you want to assign to a different calendar...
Just select the event you want to switch to a different calendar, and then drag it onto the appropriate calendar in the Calendar list. Your appointment will automatically reassign itself to the new category.
...and drag it onto the appropriate calendar.
I use this trick to move events to different calendars because it takes far less time that using the Event Editor, and it's far less annoying, too.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.
- Wed,3:10 PM
- How to Deauthorize All Devices in iTunes 12
- Thu,8:10 PM
- Alternatives to iCloud for Photo Storage in the Cloud
- 5:40 PM
- Apple Store Adds Same Day Delivery through Postmates in Bay Area
- 5:24 PM
- Another Chink in CurrentC’s Armor: Target Wants In-store Apple Pay
- 4:16 PM
- Appeals Court Rejects Apple’s Request to Remove iBooks Antitrust Monitor
- 3:24 PM
- HUSKK Quickdraw iPhone 6 Wallet Case: $24.99
- 2:42 PM
- 6 Calculator Apps for Apple Watch
- 1:41 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-05-28: Target Says Yes to Apple Pay, Hiding Pics in Photos
- 9:12 AM
- Pebble Time Ships, Apple Watch Comparisons Coming Soon
- Wed,6:47 PM
- TextExpander 5 and TextExpander touch 3.5 Released
- 6:10 PM
- ACM 308: Jony Ive’s New Job, Cortana, and Apple Watch Wish List
- 6:04 PM
- iOS Bug can Crash Your iPhone with a Text Message