TMO Quick Tip - iCal: Quick-change Calendars
by , 7:30 AM EDT, June 16th, 2008
Moving an event from one calendar to another in Leopard's iCal can be a real pain now that Apple decided we didn't need the Info drawer any more. You could double-click an event to open it in the Event Editor, but there is an easier and faster way to change an event's calendar: Drag-and-drop.
Select the event you want to assign to a different calendar...
Just select the event you want to switch to a different calendar, and then drag it onto the appropriate calendar in the Calendar list. Your appointment will automatically reassign itself to the new category.
...and drag it onto the appropriate calendar.
I use this trick to move events to different calendars because it takes far less time that using the Event Editor, and it's far less annoying, too.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Wed,8:28 PM
- Simon Pierro, Peanuts, a Chimp, and iPad Magic (Video)
- 6:36 PM
- Aaron Sorkin’s ‘Steve Jobs’ Movie Available on iTunes for $14.99
- 5:00 PM
- What Happens When Your Autonomous Car Crashes?
- 4:03 PM
- ACM 345: What Is Apple’s Mission?
- 2:35 PM
- SizeUp for Mac: $4.99
- 1:50 PM
- Use Two Mac Displays to Maximize Your Productivity, Even on the Road
- 1:35 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-02-10: Sexy Music Time, Self Driving Cars
- 10:55 AM
- Study Shows Music Makes for a Better Love Life
- 9:05 AM
- El Capitan: Getting the Sizes of Mailboxes
- Tue,7:45 PM
- Apple’s Vision is Plain for (Most) Everyone to See
- 7:00 PM
- Final Fantasy IX Released for iPad and iPhone, Discounted at $16.99