TMO Quick Tip - iCal: Quick-change Calendars
by , 7:30 AM EDT, June 16th, 2008
Moving an event from one calendar to another in Leopard's iCal can be a real pain now that Apple decided we didn't need the Info drawer any more. You could double-click an event to open it in the Event Editor, but there is an easier and faster way to change an event's calendar: Drag-and-drop.
Select the event you want to assign to a different calendar...
Just select the event you want to switch to a different calendar, and then drag it onto the appropriate calendar in the Calendar list. Your appointment will automatically reassign itself to the new category.
...and drag it onto the appropriate calendar.
I use this trick to move events to different calendars because it takes far less time that using the Event Editor, and it's far less annoying, too.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,9:47 PM
- The Pros and Cons of a Proprietary Apple Car Charger
- 6:59 PM
- VirnetX Wants to Shut Down FaceTime, but it Won’t Happen
- 5:45 PM
- Star Wars: Force Awakens Soundtrack LPs Will Feature Built-in Holograms—Really
- 5:45 PM
- It Could Happen - Universally Autonomous Cars Could Fail in the Marketplace
- 5:36 PM
- Record Your Mac’s Screen with iShowU Instant: $12
- 1:49 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-27: Apple’s Car Charging Plans, Eddy Cue’s Time Warner Deal
- 11:50 AM
- iPhone SE: Is Less the New More?
- 10:44 AM
- Support for Anti-encryption Laws Crumbles
- Thu,11:02 PM
- HP Envy 34c Curved Display Video Review
- 6:18 PM
- Thinking Differently about Apple Spending Billions to Buy a Big Media Company
- 5:30 PM
- Civilization: Beyond Earth – The Collection: $29.99