iPhone 2.0: Screenshots
iPO Quick Tip - iPhone 2.0: Screenshots
by , 7:30 AM EDT, July 14th, 2008
Sometimes words alone aren't enough to describe something, and that holds true with the iPhone and iPod touch, too. The iPhone 3G, and iPhone or iPod touch with Software version 2.0, make it easier to speak with images thanks to the new screenshot feature, no extra applications needed.
A screenshot is a digital snapshot of what your display is showing. In the case of the iPhone and iPod touch, that can include what is visible on the Home screen, or in any application on the handheld device.
To take a screenshot on your iPhone or iPod touch, quickly press and release the Home button and power button at the same time. Your handheld's display will flash white briefly to let you know a screenshot image was captured.
Home + Power = Screenshot
You can find screenshot images you take safely tucked away in the Photos application. Since you can email images from the Photo application, those pictures aren't trapped on your iPhone or iPod touch. Just email the shots to anyone you want to share them with.
If emailing an image isn't what you want to do, just connect the handheld to your computer and let iPhoto on the Mac, or Camera Wizard on Windows, copy it off.
Screenshots are handy if you want to show someone a picture of how something looks on your screen, and also are a handy way to show friends your high scores in iPhone and iPod touch video games.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.
- Sat,10:30 AM
- iPhoneography 101: Essential iPhone Camera Apps
- Fri,6:57 PM
- Apple Makes ‘Things for iPad’ Free for a Week
- 6:47 PM
- Judge Approves Apple iBooks $450 Million Antitrust Settlement
- 5:54 PM
- 100 AA and 52 AAA Duracell Batteries for $59.99 [Extended]
- 5:18 PM
- Use a PDF to See How Big Apple Watches Really Are
- 4:45 PM
- Why Every Estimate for Apple Watch Sales in 2015 is Completely Wrong
- 4:30 PM
- ‘Kingdom Rush Origins’ Tower Defender Released for iPhone and iPad
- 1:42 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-11-21
- 11:53 AM
- Google Agrees to Settlement in Rockstar Patent Infringement Fight
- 9:44 AM
- Apple Blocks Outdated Flash Players Over Security Issues [Update]
- 9:00 AM
- iOS 8: Using “Send Last Location”
- Thu,8:05 PM
- SwiftKey Adds Languages in iOS Without App Store Updates