TMO Quick Tip - Twitter: Tracking Twitter Stats
by , 7:30 AM EDT, July 30th, 2008
Twitter's built-in statistics system is pretty limited. It doesn't show detailed information about your tweeting habits, and it doesn't show who is making a big impact in the Twitter world. Thanks to the magic of Internet technology, however, all of that information is waiting at your fingertips.
TweetStats TweetStats is a cool Web site that offers up detailed information about your tweeting habits. It shows how many tweets you tend to create per hour and for each day of the week, who you reply to most often, and what you use to create your tweets.
TweetStats tracks your Twitter habits.
I learned, for example, that I tend to tweet more on Thursday and Friday, that I am more likely to tweet between 5AM and 12PM mountain time, and that I usually use Twitterific when I tweet.
TwitterPoster TwitterPoster is a Web site that shows statistics about all Twitter users instead of just you. Specifically, it shows which users currently have the greatest degree of influence over the Twitter world. Bigger squares mean a greater influence.
See who's impacting Twitter with TwitterPoster.
Rolling over the icons reveals the Twitter user's name and how many followers they have.
Twitter is a fun tool for microblogging, but I find it to be even more interesting when I go diving into the statistics behind my tweets, which makes TweetStats and TwitterPoster cool tools for learning more about what goes on in my Twitter world.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.Jeff Gamet is TMO's Managing Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Wed,8:28 PM
- Simon Pierro, Peanuts, a Chimp, and iPad Magic (Video)
- 6:36 PM
- Aaron Sorkin’s ‘Steve Jobs’ Movie Available on iTunes for $14.99
- 5:00 PM
- What Happens When Your Autonomous Car Crashes?
- 4:03 PM
- ACM 345: What Is Apple’s Mission?
- 2:35 PM
- SizeUp for Mac: $4.99
- 1:50 PM
- Use Two Mac Displays to Maximize Your Productivity, Even on the Road
- 1:35 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-02-10: Sexy Music Time, Self Driving Cars
- 10:55 AM
- Study Shows Music Makes for a Better Love Life
- 9:05 AM
- El Capitan: Getting the Sizes of Mailboxes
- Tue,7:45 PM
- Apple’s Vision is Plain for (Most) Everyone to See
- 7:00 PM
- Final Fantasy IX Released for iPad and iPhone, Discounted at $16.99