TMO Quick Tip - Twitter: Tracking Twitter Stats
by , 7:30 AM EDT, July 30th, 2008
Twitter's built-in statistics system is pretty limited. It doesn't show detailed information about your tweeting habits, and it doesn't show who is making a big impact in the Twitter world. Thanks to the magic of Internet technology, however, all of that information is waiting at your fingertips.
TweetStats TweetStats is a cool Web site that offers up detailed information about your tweeting habits. It shows how many tweets you tend to create per hour and for each day of the week, who you reply to most often, and what you use to create your tweets.
TweetStats tracks your Twitter habits.
I learned, for example, that I tend to tweet more on Thursday and Friday, that I am more likely to tweet between 5AM and 12PM mountain time, and that I usually use Twitterific when I tweet.
TwitterPoster TwitterPoster is a Web site that shows statistics about all Twitter users instead of just you. Specifically, it shows which users currently have the greatest degree of influence over the Twitter world. Bigger squares mean a greater influence.
See who's impacting Twitter with TwitterPoster.
Rolling over the icons reveals the Twitter user's name and how many followers they have.
Twitter is a fun tool for microblogging, but I find it to be even more interesting when I go diving into the statistics behind my tweets, which makes TweetStats and TwitterPoster cool tools for learning more about what goes on in my Twitter world.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.Jeff Gamet is TMO's Managing Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Mon,10:42 PM
- Google Brings Higher Resolution Satellite Imagery to Google Earth and Maps
- 9:10 PM
- Google Bloks Will Offer Kids Hands-On, Collaborative Programming Concepts
- 8:44 PM
- PRE-SALE: The Complete iOS 10 Developer Course at $29
- 5:15 PM
- Game Foul: Ford Dealership Steals Firewatch Art
- 5:04 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview With Symply Co-founder and President Alex Grossman
- 3:20 PM
- iPhone 7 Sans Headphone Jack: The Debate Continues
- 1:58 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-06-27: AAPL, Brexit, Google Blocks
- 11:58 AM
- Google Ready to Try Apple’s Tactics with New Smartphone
- 9:33 AM
- Apple gets its Rainbow on for SF Pride Parade
- Sun,12:18 PM
- MGG 611: Troubleshoot & Resolve Your Mac & Apple Issues
- Fri,7:00 PM
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?