TMO Quick Tip - Twitter Grader: How Do You Stack Up?
by , 10:30 AM EDT, October 1st, 2008
There are lots of other Twitter users out there in the Intarwebs, so it can be difficult to figure out how you stack up against your fellow 140-character social networking comrades. Luckily Twitter Grader stepped up to the plate so you can see what kind of Twitter grade you deserve.
Twitter Grader is simply a Web site that analyzes your Twitter stats -- like how many followers you have, the "power" of your Twitter followers, how often you update, and more.
To see what your grade is, just enter your Twitter account name in the Twitter Profile field and click Grade. Twitter Grader returns your overall score out of 100, and also shows your overall ranking compared to other Twitter Grader users.
Unfortunately, you can't study for Twitter Grader's tests.
When I checked my Twitter account, jgamet, I earned a score of 83 out of 100, and ranked 5,944 out of 35,931. That's good enough to keep me from getting grounded, but I don't think Mom and Dad will be taking me out for ice cream.
If you aren't familiar with Twitter, it's a kind of micro-blogging service that limits each entry to 140 characters. You can learn more from our article that explains how to get started with Twitter.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.Jeff Gamet is TMO's Managing Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
- Thu,9:43 PM
- U.S. Appeals Court Rules Microsoft Must Turn Over Email Hosted in Ireland
- 8:27 PM
- T-Mobile Q2 Earnings Suggest Uncarrier Model Works
- 7:41 PM
- That Time the iPhone Owner Punched His Mugger in the Face
- 5:52 PM
- The Productive Design Mac Bundle: $39.99
- 3:05 PM
- Basic Tips for Using the Dock and Trash in OS X
- 1:54 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-31
- 11:18 AM
- Russia to Apple: All Your Code Are Belong to Us
- 10:15 AM
- Shazam Song Recognition Comes to the Mac
- 9:06 AM
- Get Ready for 1Password Everywhere in iOS 8
- Wed,11:45 PM
- ACM 265: Ford goes iPhone and Facebook’s App Breakup
- 8:25 PM
- Brett Domino Explains Pop Music’s Formula
- 7:03 PM
- New iPhones: Now With Less Sapphire