TMO Quick Tip - Twitter Grader: How Do You Stack Up?
by , 10:30 AM EDT, October 1st, 2008
There are lots of other Twitter users out there in the Intarwebs, so it can be difficult to figure out how you stack up against your fellow 140-character social networking comrades. Luckily Twitter Grader stepped up to the plate so you can see what kind of Twitter grade you deserve.
Twitter Grader is simply a Web site that analyzes your Twitter stats -- like how many followers you have, the "power" of your Twitter followers, how often you update, and more.
To see what your grade is, just enter your Twitter account name in the Twitter Profile field and click Grade. Twitter Grader returns your overall score out of 100, and also shows your overall ranking compared to other Twitter Grader users.
Unfortunately, you can't study for Twitter Grader's tests.
When I checked my Twitter account, jgamet, I earned a score of 83 out of 100, and ranked 5,944 out of 35,931. That's good enough to keep me from getting grounded, but I don't think Mom and Dad will be taking me out for ice cream.
If you aren't familiar with Twitter, it's a kind of micro-blogging service that limits each entry to 140 characters. You can learn more from our article that explains how to get started with Twitter.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.Jeff Gamet is TMO's Managing Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
- Tue,8:51 PM
- GTAT Announces ‘Amicable Parting’ of Ways with Apple
- 6:50 PM
- How I Came to Own and Sell a TAM Probably Owned by Jony Ive
- 5:01 PM
- Adobe KnowHow: Learn Photography From The Best for $29.99
- 4:49 PM
- How To Get Ready For iOS 8.1 [Update]
- 2:59 PM
- Chuck La Tournous and Chris Breen to Speak at NJMUG’s 30th Anniversary Tuesday
- 2:24 PM
- Don’t Upgrade to Yosemite or iOS 8.1 Before You Read This Column
- 2:06 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-21
- 12:29 PM
- How Apple Pay Mitigates Breach Fatigue
- 10:50 AM
- How to Enable Apple’s SMS Relay on your Mac or iPad
- 9:43 AM
- Apple Earnings Smackdown Ranks Analyst Predictions
- Mon,9:52 PM
- Apple Q4 Earnings Sliced And Diced
- 8:21 PM
- Apple Q4 MacBook Sales Hit Record Breaking Numbers, Jump 25 Percent