Small Tree Communications announced the immediate availability of its 10Gb (gigabit) Ethernet solution for Appleis XServe G5 on Tuesday. Small Tree stated that the 10GbE system uses drivers developed specifically for Mac OS X 10.4 Server, yielding up to a 60 percent increase in performance, and uses CX-4 copper wire technology for short-distance data communication. A 10GbE CX-4 card, switch and support software are available through Small Tree Communications for US$2,400 per port.
Recent News See All »
- Yosemite 10.10.4 Beta Dumps Discoveryd to Fix Network Issues
- Firefighters Take on Blaze at Apple’s Former Sapphire Glass Factory [Update]
- Hold on to Your Pants, Siri, Microsoft’s Cortana is Coming to iPhone
- Local Content Deals to Delay Apple’s Streaming TV Plans
- Apple Promotes Jony Ive to Chief Design Officer, Creates VPs for Hardware and UI Design