Oxalyn Software has released an update for AE Monitor, bringing it to version 1.6. AE Monitor is a utility designed for Apple Events monitoring. The update features several performance enhancements including new browsing options and custom string building support. According to Oxalyn Software:
Oxalyn Software is pleased to announce that AE Monitor has been updated to version 1.6.
AE Monitor helps developers understand the flow and structure of Apple Events by monitoring Apple Events as they occur and presenting the data in an easy-to-understand format. Data can also be exported to a text editor for closer examination.
New features in version 1.6:
- The new Event Data Browser presents data in a browsable, tree-style format
- New Custom AEGizmo String plugin allows user to build their own custom string that incorporates an AEGizmo string. This is useful for developers who need to use a specialized format for their code
- The Perl Command plugin now has options to turn off the "use Mac::AppleEvents::Simple" clause and allows you to choose from typeApplSignature, typeProcessSerialNumber, and typeKernelProcessID process targeting
- Details area now shows target and source application signatures
- You can now adjust the data display settings from the data area contextual menu
- The Copy command in the details window now respects the text selection
You can find more information about the AE Monitor update at the Oxalyn Software Web site. AE Monitor is available for US$30.00.