Adam Iser has released the full version of Adium, bringing it to 1.5. Adium is a third party AIM client designed to take advantage of the Mac OS visual aesthetic. The latest version has several performance enhancements and bug fixes. According to Adam Iser:
The final release of Adium 1.5 is now available.
Adium 1.5 is a huge update! It features a complete rewrite of Adiumis core (The code that actually communicates with AIM), a large amount of new features, tons of little tweaks and enhancements, and numerous bug fixes.
Huge thanks to everyone who helped with the beta!
As usual, send me all your suggestions, comments, bug reports, and general feedback.
Some Features of 1.5:
- Wrote some new, up-to-date documentation
- Adium will now go idle
- Preferences moved to ~/Library/Application Support/Adium
- Added a new "slick" icon (created by Sam Krueger of http://www.pixeljerk.com/)
- Dock Icon now shows away status
- Dock Icon now shows buddy info (signed on/off & unviewed messages)
- Custom dock icon support
- Adium can now join AIM community chats
- Command Arrow-Up/Down now scrolls IM messages
- URLis are now auto-converted to links
You can find more information about the Adium release at the Adam Iser Web site. Adium 1.5 is a available freeware.