Raindrops and roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and 15 GB iPods...
That may not be how the original song goes, but when youire Oprah, you can sing it any way you want. According to Observer Randy Souther, Oprah likes iPods so much, she recently gave each and every single person in her audience a 15 GB iPod. That might make you reconsider attending an Oprah taping, no?
The show was part of her "Favorite Things" series, where Oprah shows off what are literally her favorite things. While we donit know how many people are in her audience, we should imagine that most of them were pretty darned delighted to have gotten a free iPod. It is not known if Apple gave the iPods to Oprah as a promotional trade for the exposure, but being highlighted on Oprah will bring the iPod to the attention of millions of people who might not have otherwise seen it. From the write up of the iPod on Oprahis Web site:
Oprahis Favorite Things
Apple iPod 15-GB MP3 player
Less than an inch thick and only 5.6 ounces, this tiny device can store thousands of songs. Itill revolutionize your music!
- Price: $399
- Apple stores nationwide; www.apple.com
- Featured in Oprahis Favorite Spring Things, 2003
For those keeping score at home, here are the other items listed as "More Oprahis Favorite Things:"
- Hewlett Packard Digital Camera, Printer, and Dock
- Apple iPod 15-GB MP3 player
- Weber Q Grill and Cart
- Roomba Floor Vac
- Citrus tote
- Silhouette Minimal X Sunglasses
- Picnic Backpack
- Le Mystere Tisha Bra
- Daryl sandals by Coach
- C and C California T-Shirts
- Adidas Mei Mind and Body Footwear
- La Brea Bakery Granola
- Miss Ronais Lavender Applesauce
- GAP Body Terrycloth Collection
- Embroidered-detail shirt by Boston Proper
- Thomas Pink shirt
- Decleor Vitaroma Body Sumptuous Anti-Aging Body Cream
- Ribbon Crusher hats
- Spa Fleurs sandals
Thanks to Observer Randy for the heads up on this.