Aescapia AB has released an update for Hollow Ground, bringing it to version 1.0.5. Hollow Ground is a 2D shooter styled game set in the post-apocolyptic future. The maintenance release features bug fixes and improved graphics. According to Aescapia AB:
Aescapia AB has just released version 1.0.5 of our popular Mac-only game Hollow Ground.
Hollow Ground is a post-apocalyptic future 2D third-person tactical shooter. You, and possibly a friend, watch the action from a top-view perspective, and control two of four mercenaries on their way down through the Epsilon Nine bunker. On the way you will have to battle armies of mutated creatures while navigating your way through the labyrinthine tunnels. You will find weapons to aid your quest, and credit chips for use in the shops that appear between levels.
The new version includes the following improvements:
- Changed ion stone cybernetic upgrades to make them more balanced, preventing the multiple ion stone exploit
- Fixed bug that sometimes caused ion stones and seraphs to disappear temporarily when the player character teleported a distance of more than two screens
- Added Command-H keyboard shortcut to hide the application from within any of the game menus
- Changed sprites so that they glow instead of flash when they are hit and take damage
- Optimized graphical performance significantly under MacOS X
You can find more information about the Hollow Ground update at the Aescapia AB Web site. The update is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$19.00.