Aladdin Systems, Inc. has released an update for InstallerMaker, bringing it to version 7.1. Stuffit InstallerMaker is an app designed for the creation of installers compatible with OS X.1 and Classic. The update has OS X Hybrid Installers for X and Classic as well as other performance enhancements. According to Aladdin Systems:
Aladdin Systems, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Aladdin Systems Holdings, Inc. (OTC BB: ALHI) today announced the release of StuffIt InstallerMaker(tm), version 7.1. The newest version of InstallerMaker allows software developers to create an installer for both Mac OS X.1 AND the Classic environment from an archive.
InstallerMaker, the complete installation and data distribution standard, provides the best solution for developers to create complex, professional installers; demoware and more; in less time than competing products. Aladdin Systemsi products are the industry standard in compression and archiving utilities on the Mac OS. StuffIt InstallerMaker is the benchmark installation product used by developers and network administrators on the Macintosh throughout the world.
New to version 7.1:
- Mac OS X Hybrid Installers- Create one installer for both Mac OS X and classic applications
- More error control - Ability to ignore errors returned by a delete task
- New Universal ILoc and Guide for writing own InstallerMaker locations - documentation included tells which resource IDs InstallerMaker already uses so users can pick a unique ID for the new locations
- Destination path helper application - two new applications, "Destination Path.Classic" and "Destination Path.Carbon" are used to get the result path returned when a particular destination and domain are selected. Just choose a destination and a domain from the menu bar and the path to the location will be displayed
- Start up picture from a file - Easily add a start up picture from a file with scripting
- Enhanced permissions for directories - InstallerMaker now sets group write permission for directories that are created. Helpful for users with multiple administrator accounts
You can find more information about the Stuffit InstallerMaker update at the Aladdin Systems, Inc. Web site. Licenses for InstallerMaker 7.1 are available through the Aladdin Sales Department.