On the heels of yesterdayis release of Stuffit Deluxe 6.5, Aladdin Systems today released Stuffit Lite 6.5. Stuffit Lite includes Stuffit Expander, DropStuff, DropZip, and DropTar at a bundled price. From Aladdin:
Aladdin Systems, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Aladdin Systems Holdings, Inc., today released StuffIt (tm) Lite 6.5, free access software with multi-platform compression tools. The StuffIt Lite package includes: StuffIt Expander(tm) (freeware) and three shareware utilities; DropStuff (creates StuffIt (tm) .sit archives), DropZip (tm) (creates .zip archives), and DropTar (a drop box compression utility that creates Tar files).
StuffIt Lite 6.5 Benefits and Features:
- Access all the popular formats found online, including: StuffIt, Zip, Tar and more
- Create compressed files of any type needed for Internet and back up needs
- StuffIt Expander now includes Palm OS file support, it automatically simplifies the process of installing files on any Palm OS handheld
- DropTar allows easy drag and drop creation of Tar archives coupled with StuffIt, BZip, GZip, and Unix Compress
- DropStuff allows easy one-step drag and drop creation of StuffIt archives for file transfer needs
- DropStuff allows the creation of self-expanding files for Macintosh or Windows, so anyone can expand the files sent to them
- DropZip allows easy one-step drag and drop creation of .zip files for when compressed files need to be send to a PC user
- Compatible with Mac OS 8.1 and higher, including Mac OS X
- Powered by the award-winning StuffIt Engine(tm)
System Requirements StuffIt 6.5 requires a Power Macintosh with System 8.1 or higher (including Mac OS X) with 2 MB of RAM and 16 MB of available disk space.
You can find more information on Stuffit Lite at the Stuffit Web site. Registered owners of version 5.0 or higher of DropStuff or DropZip are being offered a free update to the new versions within Stuffit Lite 6.5. The full version of Stuffit Lite 6.5 is priced at US$49.95. The company still offers those utilities separately as well.