Ambrosia Software, Inc. has released an update for Escape Velocity Nova, bringing it to version 1.0.1. EV Nova is a space action/rpg game designed to destroy tedium with laser fire. The update features a booty load of engine and gameplay improvements. According to Ambrosia Software:
EV Nova 1.0.1 has been released; this new version which contains a number of bug fixes and adds some new features.
The EV Nova engine has been rewritten from the ground up to provide you with a whole raft of new goodies: ships can now bank and animate, and also have transparency effects for engine glows, weapons effects, running lights and more! Murky systems affect your visibility as well as your radar, while an all-new AI stalks you with unprecedented accuracy and cunning.
Engine changes in EV Nova 1.0.1:
- made ncb parser fully reentrant
- asteroids should no longer accidentally change appearance
- floating hyperspace map size is proportional to game window size
- added a checkbox to disable hyperspace gamma effect
- fixed possible crash when buying an ID outfit item
- reduced speed at which player can advance through combat rating labels
- fixed possible crash when opening pilot files with certain escort configurations
- player no longer gets combat points for destroying derelict ships
- escorts that get disab
- and much more
You can find more information about the EV Nova update at the Ambrosia Software, Inc. Web site. The update is free for current users, while the full version of Esacape Velocity Nova is available for US$30.00.