Cityview Software has released an update for AppBeat, bringing it to version 1.2. AppBeat is a software development tool designed for profiling and examining an app while in still in development. The update features user interface enhancements including expanded sorting. According to Cityview Software:
Cityview Software announces version1.2 of AppBeat. This version of AppBeat includes many new UI and usability features. Cityview Software is also pleased to announce the opening of its online Company Store. Cityview Software will be showing AppBeat at the WWDC Expo, May 6th through May 8th.
AppBeat 1.2 is a powerful and innovative utility for Macintosh developers. It enables programmers to examine exactly what is going on inside their application as it executes. Using AppBeatis real-time profiler, programmers can see the profile results as the application runs. This lets programmers interact with the application to locate exactly where performance bottlenecks are located.
New Features in AppBeat 1.2:
- Sort the results based on any column
- Display only the top three functions (cuts down on static)
- Keep column widths at their optimum values
- Split windows into multiple views
- Lock the scrollbars of split views for simultaneous scrolling
- Thread safe (currently, only the main thread is profiled)
You can find more information about the AppBeat update at the Cityview Software Web site. AppBeat 1.2 is available for US$39.95.