Apple introduced a new QuickTime codec for Apple ProRes files on Friday. According to Apple, ProRes offers uncompressed HD quality at SD data rates, can be transcoded to H.264, and can be used to review Final Cut Studio sequences. The ProRes QuickTime Decoder is free and available for Mac OS X and Windows at the Apple Support Web site.
Recent News See All »
- Apple Remembers Remote Desktop Exists, Releases Yosemite Update
- Aaron Sorkin’s Steve Jobs Movie Starts Filming with Michael Fassbender as Jobs
- Apple Blocks Flash on the Mac Following Major Security Exploit
- Apple Ups the Secrecy with Wall Street
- Apple Pay Dominates Mobile Payment Platforms, Coming to Vending Machines [Updated]