Apple introduced a new QuickTime codec for Apple ProRes files on Friday. According to Apple, ProRes offers uncompressed HD quality at SD data rates, can be transcoded to H.264, and can be used to review Final Cut Studio sequences. The ProRes QuickTime Decoder is free and available for Mac OS X and Windows at the Apple Support Web site.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- How to Manage the Secret Software That Google Chrome Installs on Your Mac
- Back from the Dead: Using Apple’s Abandoned Safari for Windows Today
- OS X: El Capitan’s Deletion of “Repair Disk Permissions” Could Impact You
- When (and When Not) to Replace Your Old Mac
- How Not to Waste Your Time With the iPhone 6 Plus Camera Replacement Program