Apple introduced a new QuickTime codec for Apple ProRes files on Friday. According to Apple, ProRes offers uncompressed HD quality at SD data rates, can be transcoded to H.264, and can be used to review Final Cut Studio sequences. The ProRes QuickTime Decoder is free and available for Mac OS X and Windows at the Apple Support Web site.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- The Unexpected Ways Apple Watch Will Crush the Competition
- BBC Films ‘Apple’s Broken Promises’ for Worker Conditions in Pegatron iPhone Factory
- Apple Pay: a List of Brick-and-Mortar Stores That Accept it
- My Search: a New Display for a Mac Pro, Part I
- Appellate Judge Questions Government’s Case against Apple for iBooks