Apple introduced a new QuickTime codec for Apple ProRes files on Friday. According to Apple, ProRes offers uncompressed HD quality at SD data rates, can be transcoded to H.264, and can be used to review Final Cut Studio sequences. The ProRes QuickTime Decoder is free and available for Mac OS X and Windows at the Apple Support Web site.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Apple Death Knell #68: Apple’s Stock Will Collapse Because iPhone Is Too Important
- What to Expect During Apple’s March 9 Media Event
- Mac Users Have Fallen Out of Love with Personal Databases, But Why?
- Hue Do You Love? (Or, My Expensive Love Affair with Hue Lightbulbs)
- Three Tips for Apple’s Keynote App on iPad