Apple has released an update for new iPods with the dock connector bringing it to version 2.0.1. The update improves Asian language support, VBR MP3 playback, On-The-Go playlists, and more. From Apple:
iPod Software 2.0.1
System software requirements: Mac OS X 10.1.5 or later
If your iPod requires updating, the iPod Software Updater will run the next time you plug in your iPod and iTunes is launched. For your reference, the iPod Software Updater is installed in the Utilities folder in the Applications Folder.
Changes since 2.0:
- Better support for Asian languages
- Enhanced On-The-Go playlist functionality
- Improved playback performance
- Improved handling of mp3 VBR songs
- Fixed artist sorting
- Improved backlight functionality
- Improved alarm clock functionality
- Fixed left/right channel swapping
iPod Software 2.0.1 works only with iPods with a dock connector. It requires Mac OS X 10.1.5 or higher, or Windows 98ME, 2000, or XP. You can get more information and download the update from Appleis Web site.