Apple today announced the availability of WebObjects 5, Apples powerful pure Java application server for web publishing and enterprise application development. WebObjects includes innovative tools to develop sophisticated and scalable web applications that can be deployed on virtually any Java-compatible server.
A proven cross-platform application server, WebObjects speeds time to market while improving quality through its modular architecture, automated data access, streamlined page generation and comprehensive suite of integrated tools. The richest Java development platform available for database-driven applications, WebObjects utilizes the Java 2 Standard Edition v1.3 runtime, supports full access to Java 2 APIs and provides easy interoperability with other Java solutions.
For five years, Fortune 500 companies have trusted WebObjects for Intranet application development, personalized Internet content delivery and e-commerce deployments. Creative professionals rely on WebObjects and the growing number of third-party products for asset management, multimedia workflows and site management, while educators use WebObjects as the basis for web publishing courses and to create portals, labs and new administrative solutions.
WebObjects 5 features
- automated data access and object persistence through Enterprise Objects technology
- easy and streamlined Web page generation leveraging templates and a rich library of reusable components
- full support for XML ensuring full interoperability with existing XML-based solutions
- reliable and scalable deployment services for workgroup through enterprise level solutions; and
- integrated development and deployment tools such as Project Builder for project coordination, Direct to Web and Direct to Java for three-tier web and Java applications, Enterprise Object Modeler for database modeling and WebObjects Builder to simplify the design of HTML interfaces
Services & Training
To help organizations build and deploy high-performance, pure Java web applications, Apple iServicesApples training and professional services organizationoffers basic and advanced training courses on WebObjects 5 programming and administration. Apple iServices also has a team of consultants to help customers design and develop custom WebObjects 5 applications.
WebObjects is available for US$699. You can find more information at Apple.com.