Apple released firmware updates for both the Airport Extreme and Airport Express Basestations on Tuesday. The firmware updates address issues with Airtunes, Airport network performance and compatibility, problems with third party Internet routers, and fixes a potential Denial of Service (DoS) security flaw. They require Mac OS X 10.3.9, or 10.4.3 or higher, and are not compatible with older snow or graphite Basestations. The firmware updates may not show up in Software Update, but are available for download at the Apple Web site (Airport Extreme / Airport Express).
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- The Unexpected Ways Apple Watch Will Crush the Competition
- BBC Films ‘Apple’s Broken Promises’ for Worker Conditions in Pegatron iPhone Factory
- My Search: a New Display for a Mac Pro, Part I
- Appellate Judge Questions Government’s Case against Apple for iBooks
- iPhoneography 101: Photo Post Processing on Your iPhone