Apple released firmware updates for both the Airport Extreme and Airport Express Basestations on Tuesday. The firmware updates address issues with Airtunes, Airport network performance and compatibility, problems with third party Internet routers, and fixes a potential Denial of Service (DoS) security flaw. They require Mac OS X 10.3.9, or 10.4.3 or higher, and are not compatible with older snow or graphite Basestations. The firmware updates may not show up in Software Update, but are available for download at the Apple Web site (Airport Extreme / Airport Express).
Recent News See All »
- Apple Music’s Ian Rogers Left for the Fashion Industry
- Apple Doesn’t Have to Make the ‘Best’ TV Shows to Be Successful
- iPhone Jailbreakers Hit with ID Stealing Hack
- Tidal Accuses Apple of Blocking Drake Benefit Stream, but Not According to Drake
- Apple Digs Deeper into Enterprise with Cisco Partnership
Popular Stories See All »
- How to Manage the Secret Software That Google Chrome Installs on Your Mac
- Back from the Dead: Using Apple’s Abandoned Safari for Windows Today
- An iPhone 6s That Can Record 4K Video Means a 4K Apple TV
- Google Instructs Advertisers on How to Bypass Apple Security - But There’s More
- iOS 9 Content Blockers - Bring ‘Em On!