The iMac/Cube DVD-ROM Update places new firmware on the Apple DVD-ROM drive installed in iMac DV+, iMac DV Special Edition, and Power Mac G4 Cube computers. This update improves the audio extraction performance of your DVD-ROM drive.
North American English Mac OS 9.0.4 - 9.1
Installation requires an iMac DV+, iMac DV Special Edition, or Power Mac G4 Cube with internal DVD-ROM drive.
Updating Your DVD-ROM Firmware
To update the firmware on your DVD-ROM drive, follow these steps:
- Save all open documents and quit all applications.
- If a disc is in the DVD-ROM drive, eject it by dragging its icon to the Trash.
- Run the iMac/Cube DVD-ROM Update application by double-clicking the icon.
- In the dialog box, click Continue.
- Once the firmware is updated, the application quits. Restart your computer.
If you experience problems with the update, see "Tips and Troubleshooting" later in this document.
WARNING Do not reset, shut down, or turn off power to your computer while the iMac/Cube DVD-ROM Update is in progress. Doing so may damage your DVD-ROM drive.
Tips and Troubleshooting
You may see one of the following messages if your drive does not need updating:
- "This drive does not need this update."
Your computer has a different CD or DVD drive model and does not need this update. The application quits without changing anything on your computer.
- "This drive has already been updated."
The firmware in your DVD-ROM does not need updating. The application quits without changing anything on your computer.
For additional information, go to Appleis World Wide Web site: www.apple.com/support/
You can grab the new download directly from Appleis Web site.