Apple has release an update to Final Cut Pro, moving it to version 3.0.4. The new version improves both performance and reliability on several specific issues. From the release notes:
Final Cut Pro 3.0.4 addresses performance and reliability issues in Final Cut Pro 3. These include the following fixes and enhancements:
- The following effects-speed changes (including reverse motion), imported still graphics edited into a sequence, and freeze frames created with the Make Freeze Frame command-are now represented correctly in exported EDLs.
- EDLs with clips containing speed changes are now imported correctly.
- Clips from reels with timecode occurring during hour 23 now capture and import correctly.
- Instances of incorrect sync in Exported OMF files are eliminated.
- Instances of incorrect audio/video sync during Edit to Tape operations to standard and high definition video devices are fixed.
- Instances of audio dropouts occurring after mixing down audio in sequences with multiple cross dissolves are eliminated.
- Real-time performance on Power Macintosh G4/Dual 1.25 GHz computers is significantly improved.