Apple released an update for Panther, bringing Mac OS X to version 10.3.5. The new update includes a variety of bug fixes and new features, including improvements to Bluetooth, FireWire, Mail, Image Capture, font support, and more. From the release notes:
The 10.3.5 Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for Mac OS X v10.3 "Panther" and is recommended for all users.
Key enhancements include:
- improved support for NTFS formatted volumes
- improves reliability for user logins and mounting of home directories in a networked environment
- updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
- improved Bluetooth compatibility for Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse and Bluetooth phones
- additional FireWire and USB device compatibility
- improved font management
- updated Mail and Image Capture applications
- improved compatibility for third party applications
- previous standalone security updates
You can download the update through Software Update, and the download weighs in at 43 MB. You can find more information on the update at Appleis Knowledge Base.
Apple also released a separate security update called Security Update 2004-08-09 today, and TMO has confirmed that this security update is included in Mac OS X 10.3.5. Apple is providing a link to an article on Mac OS X security updates, but that article does not include .