Apple Computeris stock rose more than 5% in early morning trading Thursday following the companyis Q2 financial results, which were reported Wednesday. Shares started the morning briskly, rising some $3.56 (+5.42%) per share to trade at $69.21 in very strong volume.
Appleis reported better than expected earnings of $.47 per share, ahead of consensus estimates of $.43 per share, but revenue fell short of consensus estimates, coming in at $4.36 billion, short of the $4.5 billion expected by Wall Street estimates.
In the past when Apple has had anything close to mixed results, Wall Street has reacted by selling off the stock. This may have been helped by a raft of mostly positive analyst reports that The Mac Observer will be covering throughout Thursday.
For more extensive coverage of Appleis Q2 results, check out our full coverage from Wednesdayis announcement.
- TMO Reports - Apple Reports Revenue of $4.3 Billion, Profits of $410 Million [UPDATE]
- Apple Reports Strong iPod, Music Sales
- TMO Reports - Apple CFO: Consumers Slow to Buy, Waiting for More Intel-Ready Macs
- TMO Reports - First Time Mac Buyers Up to 50 Percent in Apple Stores [UPDATE]
- TMO Reports - Apple Reveals Plans to Open 40 New Stores in FY06
- TMO Reports - Apple Exec: "Weire Seeing a High Level of Interest in Boot Camp"
*In the interest of full disclosure, the author holds a small share in AAPL stock that was not an influence in the creation of this article.